• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 madmxx22277

madmxx22277

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

I have been scanning a little about how to add short cuts to the dashboard.. I'll throw out my idea and see what you think of it...I'm thinking about getting another Xbox and softmodding it... I've softmodded a couple of them up to the unleashx dashboard, but what I would like is to put this xbox in the entertainment center, what would be cool, would be to turn on the xbox and either with a minimal amount of click or boot right up to a list of movies that I have put in here... and have just a icon to run the movie even if it is a dvd rip...don't have to pick which .ifo or anything like that, a short cut that I already set up to execute the correct file... would that seem possible? thanks guys... I've enjoyed this site since I started softmodding my xbox's.... I got 1 game machine, and I got another one running an arcade cabinet... very cool...

#2 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:06 PM

Have you tried XBMC? Perfert for media. Pictures, music, and videos.

#3 madmxx22277

madmxx22277

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

I have played with XBMC, I like it, I don't have it set to boot for dash yet.. I know there is probably a way, but I am being a little slow in the options... mainly I want to set this up for the wife to play the kids movies, dvd's and such, so that don't have to find disc.. so far, in XBMC I still got to go to my videos, then into videos, then into videos again, to see a list of everything I got in there, what I was hoping to find was a program, or a way to make XBMC boot darn near right to a list of movies, or maybe with just one click or so.. think, kinda like a dvr, hit dvr button and it goes to the list of movies I got recorded...thanks guys for the help....

#4 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:17 PM

You dont have the file path set right. Yes you will have to hit videos twice, but that should be it. XBMC also has an option to lock certain files and folders to keep the kids out of where they dont belong or can mess things up. You can also set up user accounts for the kids and adults, just like Windows. Very good program, give it a better chance.

Edited by bearcreek, 22 December 2009 - 07:20 PM.

#5 madmxx22277

madmxx22277

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:01 AM

OK.. thanks... yeah, I've been playing with it a little more....found a few more things...thanks for all the help guys..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users