Photo

Removable Or Easily Turned Off Modchip For Xbox Live Play?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 XyBeRz

XyBeRz

X-S Enthusiast

• Validating
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:58 PM

Ok, I'm a noob and I'm not sure what the capabilities of today's chips compared to when I first installed them on Playstations.

Isn't there a way to install a chip that you can turn off and on so you can get onto Xbox live with your original discs so you won't get banned if you play your backups offline?

#2 brando56894

brando56894

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:36 PM

simple answer: no

#3 Weedbag

Weedbag

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(brando56894 @ Dec 20 2009, 07:36 PM) View Post

simple answer: no

Then what about the clobe v2? http://www.globe-360.com/home.html
Im curious cuz I myself wants a way to play backups without getting banned from Live.

#4 niai

niai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

M& are meant to log off line playing so no there is not plus a chip can be seen as its hard ware that shouldnt be there only way is firmware flash wait for the new LT and you should be ok for a year or hope the rest of the time but keep in mind that live and backups is one big privilege if you really want to be safe get a new box

#5 noneed

noneed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:54 PM

I have been using the NME-360 V2 since last February with no problems. It has to be manually activated by holding the power button down longer when powering on the system and even disbales the network port to prevent accidental live logon. I usually unplug the netwrok cable anyway as a precaution. I only play backups offline and after their release date and have never even feared the ban hammer. Plus all new games Wave 4 or whatever they are at now play fine. The only downfall of the chip is all images must be made NME compatible by rearranging the security sector in the ISO, but this takes under a minute with a small GUI-based program call SS Merger. Check it out.

#6 mafiafan123

mafiafan123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

No chips nme globe whatever are safe esp if your messing with the ss and some data can be see from playing offline, remeber all the mw2 non legit players... who didnt even play on live. point made. put it this way currently nothing is 100% proof. sry ohmy.gif

#7 Weedbag

Weedbag

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:35 PM

Hmm that sucks.. I gues i have to still pay for my games, i dont really want a second xbox360 as i dont really have anymore space (Already filled up with speakers, xbox360, ps3, dvd, htpc) and i actually never play on live but i would like to keep the opportunity. pop.gif

#8 1moretime

1moretime

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:57 AM

what about the new cygnos360v2 chip? im a newb to the 360 modding as well because i also dont want to have to have 2 in order to be happy.

it looked like the specs include switching the nand to a different one when the chip is active. from what i can tell is that if you flash back, the offline play wont be recorded for m& to see.

i am prolly wrong but even if you have a original firmware on your dvd-rom, cant you just copy the key and flash a second drive of the same brand for playing backups with this new chip because the secondary NAND-flash will keep the original from knowing about the backups. and you will still have an untouched drive to play online with.

and if even a further step is nessessary would a 2nd (offline only)hard drive have any impact

my understanding is limited so please let me know what im missing.

http://www.cygnos360.com/features.htm

would that work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users