4 replies to this topic

#1 armyof1ne

armyof1ne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:06 PM

Aight, I have been scouring the net for a good few hours trying to find a diagram or picture of the correct way of wiring a VAD6038... What happened was i got 3 drivers... the original, another replacement, and a second replacement... all had different ways of being wired... So i kept to the original drivers wiring, the first replacement didnt work, second one didnt work... I saved the way they were wired.... tried all 3 permutations but it none worked... Can someone upload a pic(Including where they connect to) of this wiring or direct...

The board isnt bad, dont go there... im looking for a wiring diagram or a correct way to wire it

#2 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

you know its much easier to just dump your original drive and flash that dump to another benq.

#3 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:36 PM

I was going to take a picture of my benq vad6038 to help show you the wiring but it is really way too simple. All of the solder pads are labeled on the board.

By themself on the left you have S4 and S3 they connect to the white wires going to the tray status switch on the left side. (because its a switch it doesn't matter what white wire goes on what pad.)

Then you have the 7 wires on the right.

TB and TR are for the tray motor. B - black and R is red.

Then you have S2 and S1 and those connect to the other tray stsatus switch.

Finally you have three wires for the brushless spindle motor. MW MR and MB - Connect the White, Red and Black from the motor.

If one of your drives you are trying to rebuild has yellow wires going to the tray status switches then it is a lite-on and the benq circuit board will not install without modification.

#4 armyof1ne

armyof1ne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Dec 20 2009, 08:36 AM) View Post

I was going to take a picture of my benq vad6038 to help show you the wiring but it is really way too simple. All of the solder pads are labeled on the board.

By themself on the left you have S4 and S3 they connect to the white wires going to the tray status switch on the left side. (because its a switch it doesn't matter what white wire goes on what pad.)

Then you have the 7 wires on the right.

TB and TR are for the tray motor. B - black and R is red.

Then you have S2 and S1 and those connect to the other tray stsatus switch.

Finally you have three wires for the brushless spindle motor. MW MR and MB - Connect the White, Red and Black from the motor.

If one of your drives you are trying to rebuild has yellow wires going to the tray status switches then it is a lite-on and the benq circuit board will not install without modification.

hehehe.... got it... I knew something was wrong because the drive tray was ejecting at Mach 2 and spinning up while tray was ejected... Switched S4 S3... So that S2 and S1 were opposite(Has to be a circuit... derrr) and it worked like a charm... I was starting to think it was possessed... Thanks a ton!

Edited by armyof1ne, 20 December 2009 - 04:47 PM.

#5 dracotoxx

dracotoxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE(armyof1ne @ Dec 20 2009, 04:46 PM) View Post

hehehe.... got it... I knew something was wrong because the drive tray was ejecting at Mach 2 and spinning up while tray was ejected... Switched S4 S3... So that S2 and S1 were opposite(Has to be a circuit... derrr) and it worked like a charm... I was starting to think it was possessed... Thanks a ton!

>.> ok what exactly did you do to fix it? i am having the same issue, it ejects at full speed and keeps trying to push the tray out further

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users