• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fuzzyplums

fuzzyplums

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:32 PM

aint sure if it the right place to post this..but here my prob my son got my old xbox..i think bout 3 years we had it between us..now it just got it 1st rrod...it got the 78 drive in..could i use that drive in say a jasper and replace the lite on...why i ask is he 6 year old and useing that disc to get say a wave 4 game to work may be tuff 4 him..his mum aint that clued up on it...yes he got my old xbox that just got banned to but it uncrippled...how would i go bout putting the Hitachi 78 in the one i just gave him or cant it be done

any advice be greatful and yes it a noob thing to ask but we all woz 1 once lol

so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#2 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

you need to get the key from the new xbox and "spoof" it to the old drive. If your gonna go through all that trouble, might as well flash that drive (since its newer)

Check out the links in my sig.

#3 fuzzyplums

fuzzyplums

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:55 PM

cheers 4 reply i got the kit used jungle loads but i read the full of it now never thought of that thanks biggrin.gif by the way i didnt do my lite on sumbody else did but i got the files i needed i think i always mayed sure i got the

Identify ...Inquiry...Key...Serial..i do think thats of my lite on ...but the 78 drive i done my self and i ave to find wot i got as it woz along time ago.but i defo got wot i should of done i think until i look i aint sure...

Edited by fuzzyplums, 21 December 2009 - 08:06 PM.

#4 fuzzyplums

fuzzyplums

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:23 PM

am i wrong but do i spoof the lite-on into thinking it a hit 78...or other way round never had to do this so it new to me and my boy thinks i cant fix his old 1...he dont like the 1 i lent him.coz he got to use the disc to boot wave 4 but when i ave him he dont ave to do that.yep i a weekend dad..i buy the games then make a back up just coz of older kids but thats my prob..and would rather not go into it....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users