Photo

Trouble With Nand Dump (cannot Detect Flash Controller)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 360newb22

360newb22

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

Hello all,

I tried my first attempt at a NAND dump yesterday, but without success. When I try to run Nandpro I get an error that it could not detect a flash controller. I am hoping someone with more experience can point me in the right direction. The console is a Jasper board and I wired it up using the following diagram, with the components listed:

IPB Image

The only exception is that I lifted the DB1F1 pad, so I ran a wire to the alternate point on the bottom (FT1U2). I used the diode still, however I did not have it soldered directly to the board. Instead I had my 30AWG wire from the alternate point on the bottom come up and then attach to the diode. All of my other diodes and resistors are soldered directly to the board with the exception of the one from the alternate point. My wires are somewhat long, about 1-1.3 meters, but I dont know if that is the cause of the problem. I also noticed many people mentioning 330 Ohm resistors, and also additional diodes, so it is possible that the diagram I used was not ideal. I tried to change the LPT port mode in the BIOS to every available setting, but with each attempt I received the same error. The power cable was connected to the console, but the console was not powered on (as the guide I used instructed). I am also pretty sure the soldering is fine, as I have done many chip installs on all consoles including the D2CKey on the Wii (if you know what this is then you will know what I mean). Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by 360newb22, 23 December 2009 - 02:48 PM.

#2 arielzadi

arielzadi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

try removing the resistors cuz your wires are long

#3 360newb22

360newb22

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:13 PM

I will give that a shot later on this evening most likely. Do you think everything else is fine? Also, if anyone else has additional suggestions I would appreciate them as well. I will start by removing the resistors, but if I still have issues it would be nice to have a few other ideas to try to get it going.

Thanks!

#4 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(360newb22 @ Dec 23 2009, 02:13 PM) View Post

I will give that a shot later on this evening most likely. Do you think everything else is fine? Also, if anyone else has additional suggestions I would appreciate them as well. I will start by removing the resistors, but if I still have issues it would be nice to have a few other ideas to try to get it going.

Thanks!

See the FAQ troubleshooting guide in my sig below smile.gif

#5 arielzadi

arielzadi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:13 PM

if that dosent work try to make your wires shorter...about 15cm

#6 360newb22

360newb22

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:30 PM

I appreciate the tip. I was planning to shorten the wires, but the reason that I left them long was because I was nervous about the wires being so short and soldered to the board. I have in the past lifted pads by having a cable tethered to the board pull on it and rip off the wires, and the points they are soldered to. I was hoping to have enough slack in the cable that this wouldnt be a worry, but maybe I won't be so lucky. This is actually how I lifted the pad I mentioned in the initial post. During the installation I accidentally snagged the wire connected to the pad with another wire and it pulled it right off the board along with the pad. I will first try to remove the resistors, and if I still don't have luck I will try to shorten the wire. Another quick question though, do you think it is a problem that the diode that is connected to FT1U2 is using a wire? The guide I followed said that they must be soldered directly to the board, and not to wire connecting it to the board. All of the other resistors and diodes are done this way, but as the FT1U2 point is on the bottom is was easier for me to run a wire to the top from the point, and then connect it to the diode, and then the diode to the LPT connector. Do you this I should try putting the diode straight on the FT1U2 point, or should it not make a difference?

Thanks to you all for all of your input.

#7 arielzadi

arielzadi

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

it is not related to the jtag wires..dumping the nand is a different thing..so its not the diode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users