2 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin578

Kevin578

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:58 AM

Does anyone know if this Action Replay will work in soft-modding a xbox?

http://us.codejunkie...__EF000174.aspx

Also, can anyone recommend a good hard drive to use if I want to replace the original xbox hard drive? A lot of hard drives recommended in guides are no longer sold.

#2 kolosus

kolosus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:14 PM

Yes. ActionReplay works. You can either get the whole package (including hardware) or just get the ActionReplay software and try the usb route.

What I did was to make a usb adapter for the xbox and plug in a usb stick. After the xbox recognized it I put the game saves on the drive and modded the xbox. The hardest part was getting the required parts. The original game, the usb stick that works. FYI I used a 1gb coby mp3 player. I repartitioned it as a 16mb fat16 partition and the rest of the drive unpartitioned.

As for the hard drive I have a western digital caviar blue 160gb. Works. I've tried a few drives. Most of the 40gb variety that I tried didn't work. The larger ones did. You can use xboxhdm to "test" a drive before you try to use it as a xbox drive. If it says that it can be locked then you're good to go. If locking is not possible then you have to get a different drive.

#3 gates59

gates59

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

I used a 200gig no name drive and worked just fine. I think most new drives are lockable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users