7 replies to this topic

#1 boskki

boskki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:24 PM

Hi everyone,

When I was trying to flash my xbox 360 I had an absolute nightmare!!!! When trying the tray half way out trick I plugged the power supply into my dvd drive the wrong way round and burnt a bit of the board! Bloody nightmare!!!!
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated! I have connected the drive back up properly and cannot eject the drive so seems to buggered. It is a Liteon Drive if this helps anyone. 8350 i think.
Can anyone suggest any way to fix my xbox or where I can possibly get it fixed??? I am in the South of Scotland

Cheers Sean

#2 Bukmop

Bukmop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 08:59 AM

where I can possibly get it fixed

Where - Its hardly to say because I'm from Russia. But I'll tell you how. In past I did just the same nightmare for me by plugging in power connector with wrong position. At first I'm sure that your drive is DEAD with all eeprom data (theoretically eeprom may be alive, but its impossible to access eeprom in LiteOn drives directly).
At second, you need a new xbox drive (liteon, samsung, benq - it doesnt matter). At third, the only way to resurrect your console is to read dvd key from NAND. You need Jtag Hack method. And check in your dashboard version. If it higher than 7xxx - you are not lucky. In that case you must wait until the new Xell loader for 8xxx kernel will be perfomed.

#3 boskki

boskki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:12 AM

Cheers for your reply is this something that i could do myslef or is it something that i would be better getting done for me??? Is it a costly operation??? Would i be best to do this or look for a new console???

Cheers Sean

#4 Bukmop

Bukmop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:21 AM

Would i be best to do this or look for a new console???

At first check your dashboard version! Power on your console without fried drive and watch info on TV.
If dashboard 8xxx and higher - you need the new xbox.

#5 boskki

boskki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:31 AM

I tried to check my dashboard but when i turn console on i just get a flashing green light in the middle of the ring and nothing at all on the tv!

Sean

#6 Bukmop

Bukmop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

flashing green light in the middle of the ring and nothing at all on the tv

Is your console connected properly with TV cable? Drive must be not plugged in to console cables. Xbox must be started even without drive. Usually flashing green light is the sign of wrong TV connection.

#7 boskki

boskki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 12:15 PM

Sorry i didn't realise that i had to unplug my dvd drive got it now.
My dashboard is 2.0.8955.0 is this what you needed?

Sean

#8 Bukmop

Bukmop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 12:34 PM

My dashboard is 2.0.8955

Sorry but its higher than 7xxx. So for today you (or someone else) cannot start Xell on your console. Therefore you cannot get CPU key and decrypt NAND to obtain DVD key. So you need a new Xbox360 console. But dont be despaired! In my life such xbox with dead drive and lost data waits for better times about one year. In october 2009 Xell for Falcon/Jasper was performed. And after that I repaired my Xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users