gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

here are the HD skins i made for final burn legends with true hd (1280*720) backgrounds,
(but i have included a sdtv version too)
if you used the default skins with your hdtv in 720p or 1080i mode, you will notice the diference immediatly if you use my skins (the default skins are stretched 640*480 backgrounds)

the preview and video are 320*240 windows (most common size for arcade games)
and the rombrowser blade is wider! all the names are fully displayed (usefull to know wich version of the game you have sometimes)

p.s.: sorry, i don't know if it is related to my xbox, but when i rename the skin folder "fba heroes 720" and inside i rename correctly "fba heroes 720.ini" i have always a white screen when i launch the skin through the gui. So i called them arcade, arcade720, and arcade1080, and now it works (my xbox is weird i guess)

Final Burn Heroes skin pack by Gilou9999

some pics, splash screen
IPB Image

main menu (you have to imagine the text on the windows for both pics)
IPB Image

rombrowser (you have to imagine the display of dual title/movie and the full romnames in the bottom
the design is simple, because when you display dual titles/movie, it is ALREADY hyper colourfull
IPB Image

option screen (the screen is dark, because a loot of text is displayed everywhere, or else it would be hard to read all the options)but on your tv, you will see the characters, the tv are always brighter than the pc monitors)
when you exit the game, the game preview appear perfectly in the center
IPB Image

p.s.: RessX, have you bought your hdtv for christmas, and have you tryed some hd emus?

Edited by gilles9999, 27 December 2009 - 09:29 PM.

#2 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

That's lovely that. I already know i'll like it.
Thanks will try later.

#3 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

thx cba, for me too,
it is already in my arcade cab (a good "arcade feeling" with this skin)

#4 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:46 AM

@ Gilles

I remember you commented that you had problems with naming your skin folder and ini before and this one your having problems with too. Well i renamed your first skin and this one with no problems, works like a charm. All i can think of off hand is the length of the filename. Now i know you haven't used too many characters in the name but perhaps try shortening it. For example i have used "Gilou 720" i also renamed Neil222's skin to "Neil 720" with no problems. I also still have FBL default skin named "Arcade 720". Of course it could be to do with some of your "save files". What about clearing the CACHE ?

PS. No video's on the Main menu. Are you aware of this ? Was it intentional ? Is it a resources saving exercise ?

Edited by cbagy, 28 December 2009 - 09:48 AM.

#5 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

i have tryed all this (delete the cache, saves, and shorten the name to gilou720.ini, and now it works, weird...)
yep for the main menu it was intentional; as a ressource service exercing like you said
i think my xbox has a hard time running the fantastic fba legends and a HD gui happy.gif ; my xbox will die with all the honors that is sure

#6 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

Thanks Gillou999 yeah I tried naming your other Legends skins along with these ones and it wouldnt show up either the emu loops and just goes back to the default arcade skin "Nes default skin"..so I decided just save them all and name them "Arcade" and put them ina misc folder in my FBA emu folder, but thanks big time will check these out later...still usin Neils Skin.

#7 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:31 AM

There are 3 things to re-name
1. The Skin Folder
2. The Skin.ini
3. In the skin folder open up the ini in NotePad or similar.
Go down to line 126 (approx) and re-name there too.

Works for me !

#8 gilles9999

gilles9999

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:43 PM

That's it Cba.gy!
you got it! There are 3 things to change if you want to change the name of the skin, works perfectly now!

other than that, i am the only one to have released a HD skin for the HD users?
I'm waiting your project with video with great attention cba.gy, i hope you will do a 720p or 1080i version, do you have a hdtv to test it? (just avoid the gradient thing, i don't know why but i can never use the gradient , it looks horrible on any hdtv, so it is always better to have more "plain" colors

p.s.: i'm switch with the neil skin on my sdtv, do youi plan on releasing a true hdtv version of your skin neil? (not a stretched 640*480 bkg?)

Edited by gilles9999, 30 December 2009 - 07:46 PM.

#9 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

Yes im working on a HD skin, with HD (1280x720) video as background (ooooh, i hear you cry) the acid test is tonight. I have a good HDTV so i only work in HD.
Never use gradients myself as your right they look messy in HD. Stick to plain and simple is my motto and just try to be a bit clever with the ideas.
Im only working in 720 from now so no more 480 stuff. Then again i said that a year ago and keep asked for conversions, which i hate, as i make stuff for 720 which has plenty of space so 480 conversions just look wrong. Not enough space. 480 skins should be designed from the ground up. Those that are intended for 480 look great cause thats how they are designed.
No 1080 from me either, don't see the point. Xbox doesn't like it plus very few users use 1080. The only 1080 conversion i made was for FBAXXX Pro for the user 1stMoon.
For some crazy reason over 70 users downloaded it but im thinking that was for PC users as i understand it FBAXXX Pro skins worked on the PC too.

Its not for me to say, but, i think Neil222 will have HD news within 12- 24hrs.
It would have been quicker but he's waited for nearly 2 weeks for some slow ass to config it all for him.
He's opposite end of the world to you and i so he's asleep right now. Mockup pics will appear soon.
True HD aswell by the way.

#10 nkilian83

nkilian83

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

I think I fubarred my skins. I put in the 1080i skin and I couldn't see any of the screen for some reason(I have a 42inch plasma) and I restored the original skins folder from final burn and I can't see anything. I went to TData and UData and cleared everything out to see if it went back to normal but its still the same. any idea how to default to the original?

#11 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:24 PM

Browse to the fbl main "ini" folder with xbmc or ftp in. You will see a FinalBurnLegends.ini
Delete it. Copy your desired skin ini from the desired skin folder to the main ini folder
and rename it "FinalBurnLegends.ini" now im not sure thats the exact names but you get the idea.
Dont know if that will work, but i wont hurt to try as thats what i would try.

PS. You did set the emulator to 1080 to start with ? At default it boots @ 480 (i think)
PSS. Yes i know what your thinking ... and yes you are a silly Billy

PSSS. Shhh don't tell anyone, im silly too. When i upgraded to FBL 1.1 i deleted "all" my screenshots and videos by accident.

Edited by cbagy, 30 December 2009 - 08:42 PM.

#12 neil222

neil222

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE(gilles9999 @ Dec 30 2009, 07:43 PM) View Post

p.s.: i'm switch with the neil skin on my sdtv, do youi plan on releasing a true hdtv version of your skin neil? (not a stretched 640*480 bkg?)

Yeah mate, I have just received the configs back for the 720 version in HD.
I'm leaving soon for a big party for New Year though, so I'll have to get these released in
a day or so.
Yours look very nice gillies btw. smile.gif

@cbagy, cheers for all your help with the configs mate, good stuff.
Such a pain in the ass not being able to test HD things out...

#13 ultimate509

ultimate509

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(cbagy @ Dec 29 2009, 03:31 PM) View Post

There are 3 things to re-name
1. The Skin Folder
2. The Skin.ini
3. In the skin folder open up the ini in NotePad or similar.
Go down to line 126 (approx) and re-name there too.

Works for me !

Thanks worked like a charm, Normally I like to name them with the skin creator
like this...
[Gilou9999] - FBA Heroes v2 but the name was to long but I shortened it and it worked flawlessly like this FBA Heroes v2..so thanks!!!

Edited by ultimate509, 30 December 2009 - 11:57 PM.

#14 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:16 AM

Don't think file name length was your problem there it was probably more to do with characters used.
Not too sure which one's are illegal characters on xbox so i avoid em all exept a minus and underscores.
You can use up to 42 characters for file names on xbox. Bear in mind that the ".ext" counts as 4.
So 38 characters + ext. Remember spaces count too.

#15 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:28 PM

A quick simple skin till i finish the one im working on.

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users