• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kamran619

kamran619

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:21 AM

I hasd a couple of questions about system links. I wanted to do a system link with my xbox upstairs and another downstairs. I don't want to buy two wireless network adapters so I had a question. Can I use a laptops wireless connection using internet connection sharing to set up a SYSTEM LINK between the xbox's? I know I can get on xbox Live through my laptops connection but is there a certain way I can get it to work with a system link? What if I had one Xbox connected directly to the router and another from a wireless laptop? My main question is how can I perform a system link with my current situation?

#2 crash_2012

crash_2012

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Location:stuck in the matrix. trinity wont get off the phone, damn busy signal.
  • Interests:computers, and almost anything technical
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

i believe that having one 360 connected to the router, and using ur laptop as a wireless adapter should work for a system link match. if you already have one wireless adapter for your 360, try to have the laptop create a wireless ad hoc network, and have the 360 w/out the wireless adapter connect to the laptop, then have your 360 with the wireless adapter join the ad hoc network from the laptop. might work. im not 100% sure about that method, but the first one i mensioned should work fine.

#3 Spegs12

Spegs12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

In network connections on your laptop select both your wireless adapter and your ethernet adapter. Right-click on one of them and select bridge connections. Plug your 360 into your laptop and you should be good to go. Your laptop may loose internet connectivity but your 360 will be leased an ip from your router and have internet connectivity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users