• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nameregistrationisbroken

nameregistrationisbroken

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:53 AM

Alright, after working on this for 40 hours, I'm going to give up and hit up the forums.

I've had a Xecuter2 modded box running EvolutionX for dashboard. It has a 300gb seagate, with a F and G partition. Build 1.00.4979.67, xbox version 00000003 A3 B2.

Worked great for years, we move, xbox has been off for months. Given it to my sister; setting it up I fired up the xbox it up and suddenly the F partition only has 2gb capacity, and the G drive shows zero from the evo startup screen. Lost all data, though I think it was just some ripped movies. Another anomaly, when booted into MS dashboard, it asked for the date/time again, like it was a fresh system.

Could it be the mobo battery resetting something, and now I lose 48-bit LBA? I've tried:
- Unlocking the hard drive and:
- FTP-reformatting F and G.
- Adding XBpartition 1.1 to the menu to see what it says. The startup screen says the Bios doesn't have 48-bit LBA! But it was working before the move.

Anyone have any ideas for what I could try next? I'm at my sister's place now, and it's very rural - she only has dial-up, so I won't be able to download Slayers or anything over 20mb (good god...). And I'm leaving in a couple days.. I want to leave her with a functional XBMC!

#2 nameregistrationisbroken

nameregistrationisbroken

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(nameregistrationisbroken @ Dec 27 2009, 10:53 PM) View Post

Another anomaly, when booted into MS dashboard, it asked for the date/time again, like it was a fresh system.

To clarify this point: The mod works fine, I can boot into both dashboards. Just when I boot into evo, G drive shows zero, F drive shows 2gb capacity. MS dash seems fine too, except it asked for date/time that first time in.

#3 perpandacular

perpandacular

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(nameregistrationisbroken @ Dec 27 2009, 10:53 PM) *

Another anomaly, when booted into MS dashboard, it asked for the date/time again, like it was a fresh system.

I'm not sure what's going on with the hard drive, but any xbox I've ever used has asked for the date/time every time It was unplugged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users