dudlajmiga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:56 PM

hi

i'm new here,looked trough bunch of tutorials here and [mostly] all of them say that i can not do softmod on my xbox because it has dashboard 4034,and that i should upgrade it to newer...

i can not upgrade it to newer because i can't get any original game [nor buy,nor rent it]

i wanted to use "How to Softmod Your Xbox Using XboxHDM (Ndure) " tutorial to softmod it,but it is said that i will not work with db 4034 sad.gif

so...my question is,how can i softmod my xbox to read all disc,have ftp access...

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

find the slayers rescue package. It contains the 5960 m$dash files needed for the softmod.
Sometimes even google can help to find those files. I use qwix to extract the slayers iso.

regards.

#3 dudlajmiga

dudlajmiga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

ok,i found slayer [SlaYers EvoX Auto-Installer 2.7FINAL],extracted it with qwix

and now i have to do what?
copy [and rename] evoxdash.xbe from system\retail\c\ to xboxhdm linux\ndure\E\dash\ default.xbe ?

[i don't want to screw it up,that why i'm being so careful]

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:38 PM

You need to get the whole Slayers stock C and E partition files, and add those to the xboxhdm C and E folders. If you now create the xboxhdm iso, it will have the stock M$dash files in them. If you select to rebuild the C partition, it will copy those files to the xbox C partition.

The files and folders are in the "SLAYERS\SYSTEM\ALL\C and SLAYERS\SYSTEM\ALL\E" folders of the slayers extraction.

regards.

#5 dudlajmiga

dudlajmiga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:52 AM

ok,so i did that,made iso file,burned it,turned off the computer,plugged out my hard drives,made cd-rom boot drive,it works,turned on xbox waited,hotswaped it...and it didn't recognize it...
long story short i made it recognize it [after couple of "tryouts"] [it wrote "hda: wdc..." in linux loader or what is it called]

but, here start the problems,unlike when he didn't recognize hdd,he made some errors [i took a pictures,kinda bad photo quality,took it with mobile phone camera sleep.gif] and after loading when i typed "xboxhd" he said he did not find xbox hdd on hda [but,as i said,on loading he wrote that he found hda] huh.gif

what is the problem and solution?

pictures
http://i47.tinypic.com/14ybm9k.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2drnlv.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/33jqwzq.jpg

btw,xbox is still running so...the hard drive isn't screwed

Edited by dudlajmiga, 30 December 2009 - 11:53 AM.

#6 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

Xboxhdm expects the xbox harddisk on the primary ide connector and the cdrom on the secundary ide connector. If you have a modern mobo with only one ide connector, you need xboxhdm2.

Some pc mobo biosses interfer with a locked harddisk.
Sometimes disabling the auto hdd detection in the pc bios solves the issue.

Hotswapping is not an exact science. I prefer to read the xbox eeprom with an eeprom reader and use that information to unlock the harddisk on a pc.

regards.

#7 dudlajmiga

dudlajmiga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:14 PM

i have 2 ide connectors,on second is dvd-rom,on first i hotswapped xbox hdd

ok,i'll try disabling auto detection next time

you mean,make eeprom reader and open xbox unit and read eeprom while it is on xbox's mb?

can i mod xbox only whit eeprom reader/writer so it can read burned discs?

#8 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:31 PM

i have 2 ide connectors,on second is dvd-rom,on first i hotswapped xbox hdd

That's the way xboxhdm expects it to be.
you mean,make eeprom reader and open xbox unit and read eeprom while it is on xbox's mb?

Yes, that's the way. No need to desolder the eeprom. The SCL and SDA points are available on the LPC holes.
can i mod xbox only whit eeprom reader/writer so it can read burned discs?

Not really, there a couple of known ways.
1. A modchip with another bios.
2. An exploitable game with a gamesave.
3. Hotswapping.
4. Reading the eeprom.

You can even combine methods. You can for instance install a modchip and use it to read the xbox eeprom.
I am no fan of hotswapping. It can damage your xbox, your harddisk and your computer. The ide bus wasn't designed for hotswapping.
modchips start to dissapear from the market. In some countrys it's forbiden to sell them.
If a softmod fails, it's possible that the game exploit method doesn't work anymore.
It's sometimes difficult to find the exploitable games second hand.
The eeprom reader isn't prfect either. You need a serial port on your pc. Some pc's serial ports don't work with the eeprom reader since it's levels aren't 100% v24 compatibel.

So, it's up to you to decide which method you want to use.

regards.

#9 dudlajmiga

dudlajmiga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

as i said,i can't get any original game for game exploits,nor can i find any mod chip

so i'm left with softmod,but i totally agree with you about hotswappings bad influence on hardware [it would be ideal if i could just unplug hard disc from xbox and put it to my computer and then copy/edit files smile.gif]

but you confused me now,with eeprom

1st you say i can't exploit xbox with eeprom reading [writing],and later you list of possible exploits including eeprom reading...

[haven't tried yet turning off auto search for ide devices]

[btw thank you very much for your time and effort to help me,i hope i'll have some success soon,and happy new year smile.gif]

#10 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:42 AM

1st you say i can't exploit xbox with eeprom reading [writing],and later you list of possible exploits including eeprom reading...

I have no idea where I wrote that. Maybe I wrote that altering the eeprom isn't going to make your xbox being softmodded.
Having the eeprom information is the key needed to calculate the password to unlock the harddisk.
If you can unlock the harddisk the way it is suposed to work, you don't need to hotswap anymore.

I hope this clears thing up to you.
And btw, Happy Newyear to you and your relatives too.

regards.

#11 dudlajmiga

dudlajmiga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:31 PM

ahaaaa
that's for what you need to read eeprom

now it's clearer smile.gif

maybe i'll build eeprom reader [when shops start working,because i don't have necessary items]

edit:after searching i found this eeprom reader [i2c],and if it is,which npn transistor should i use?

Edited by dudlajmiga, 03 January 2010 - 01:45 PM.

#12 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

In europe, I would choose the bc337 transistor.
I know there is an equivalent in the states but I don't know the number anymore.
It's a general purpose npn transistor.

Unicron managed to make the eeprom reader with just 2 zener diodes of 5V6 and 2 4K7 resistors.

If we simplify even further, 2 simple general purpose silicium diodes should work as well (1N4148)

http://forums.afterd...view.cfm/357863

The problem is that his pictures vanished from the net.
I am working on a new tutorial for that type of reader.

http://www.llamma.co...box_Hdd_key.htm

this site has much of the pictures that were on afterdawn.

regards.

#13 dudlajmiga

dudlajmiga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

it's the same difference for me to build either i2c or unicorn's eeprom reader,as long as it works fine,and i'll build one that you say is better [i suppose that unicorn's is]

i also found the first link with dead images too,but because of that i didn't took it as possibility

[still,thank you for your time and advices smile.gif]

Edited by dudlajmiga, 03 January 2010 - 08:03 PM.

#14 dudlajmiga

dudlajmiga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

this was looong journey...
but...finally i made it work! [thanks again obcd]

here's the story

first, i made eeprom reader [unicorn's version], soldered it on the xbox' motherboard,turned it on [without plugging in the reader into computer] to see if it will get "smokey" biggrin.gif...it works all fine,i unplug it,put xbox mb up on the table next to my computer,plug serial port into computer,configure it in ponyprog...so far so good...

now it's time to plug in power source and start xbox...but...xbox doesn't respond!!...biiig trouble...

i unplug serial port,put it down and look arround in xbox,all seams to be fine...plug it again into power,it doesn't start,unplug-plug [few times],voila it starts!

ok,again i put it next to computer ...configure,plug the power source...doesn't work sleep.gif... plug-unplug...ok,all works,it's time to read eeprom...i press read eeprom "device not responding" [or smth similar]...
i unpluged power source and serial port,put away xbox

end of work day 1

next work day

i resoldered contacts of eeprom reader on mb,plugged it into computer,ran ponyprog, told him to read eeprom,all works like a charm! i put eeprom into program called "live info",it all work's super fine...

so far this day is wonderful

i desoldered eeprom reader from mb,put back dvd-rom,unscrewed hard drive from it's plastic container [warning,if someone is going to do this,he/she must have one of those "star" screwdrivers] put it into my computer,run windows,and searching for tools for xbox starts here...
i can not find any unlocker for windows...ok,i shall use those dos tools [hdunlock,hdlock,hddisabl] ,

but,i don't have floopy...i shall make usb bootable...this was easier to say than to do...searched trough internet for this,found some programs called "mkbt" and "vfd" ,vfd is for creating virtual floopy drive,and mkbt is for coping boot sector

[right now my computer was frozen and i had to restart it,luckily, firefox saved my input here smile.gif,this doesn't have anything to do with the story]

ok,sound's easy,i made v. floopy,formated it and made it ms-dos bootable,now it's time to copy boot sector...[i have to say,that designated letter for v. floopy wasn't a or b,because ,for some reason,windows already desegnated those letters,and i couldn't change them...] i ran command promt,wrote "mkbt -c i: bootsect.bin"...and ... and... "only floopy drives are allowed" [or something like that],oookey,this isn't going to work...what to do,what to do...

searched trough internet for some other types of making usb bootable [for ms-dos],and found that some program allowes you to push "create ms-dos bootable..." when you wanna format usb,so i tried with that one,formated usb [from 1gb,i got 1,44mb biggrin.gif,but! with bootable ms-dos,so i was thinking...]

time to copy hd programs and to restart computer,ok,made usb 1st boot,it blinks...but full shit of errors,and it doen't work,oh,well,back to windows...

then i tried to make v. floopy [but not before i formated my usb to see if it still works,in fat32 system]on other computer and read boot sector on that,it worked,back to original computer ,now "mkbt -x bootsect.bin h:" ..."something something not same system"...uff...doesn't sound good

i reformated usb into fat...repeated bootsector coping,some different error was here,ok,who gives a f.[it was about 1-2 am],copied necessary files for ms-dos,and programs for hd,restart,same shit... sleep.gif

this was getting old!

ok,now i burn xbhdm with[this is important!] eeprom.bin [btw, i wrote password on paper,just in case]
restart, boot cd...press #3 in menu...bla bla,didn't find eeprom.bin on disk...shit...
ok,restart,#4 in menu,some errors,yey,i got a:\... dir... cd hdtools... hdunlock
enter password...done...
yippi

hddisabl...enter pass...done
EXCELLENT

restart back into windows,start xbox360...open hard disk,ok there are 4 partitions...but veeerrrry weird content in it...for example in first [c: ?] there is ONLY ONE file [don't remember name,something.xbe]

ok,maybe this is how it should it be...browse trough all partition,about 100-200 mb files are there

backup...it's fucking 7,4GB! ,from max 200mb he made 7,4gb...wtf?!?!

now comes file coping ...insert folder ...paf... program went down ??!
ok,let's repeat that,make folder,insert file...done.... close program [regularly],paf, it went down...[veeeerrry unstable program!!!]

tried few times,same shit,went down...

ok,let's try fat-xplorer...from first start it was different,first i loaded hard drive,it had much more files on c:...
than i loaded backup i made in xplorer360...same shit as in xp.360 ,just 1 file...

ok let's start with coping files from ndure
c: - done
e: - now here it starts to be shitty program sleep.gif
i enter path to files,it made folder with path i wrote ,but didn't copy any files...

ok,make folder - dash,insert file config.xml ...paf,program went down sleep.gif
restart program,load hard disk,nope...doesn't work...

back to xplorer360,let's try to copy files here
insert folder,paf,program dead sleep.gif

make folder...and drag and drop files into it...work! yey! [unfortunately,misspelled ndts into ndst biggrin.gif]

shutdown,put harddrive back into xbox,run it... same as before "softmodding" sleep.gif

"back to scrapboard"

ok...let's try from linux

start xboxhdm with option 1...xbrowser... ndure... *ndure

it works,ok,now instal
fuck i forgot to copy slayer's files for updating dashboard [ndure also said that it didn't found new dashboard,and ask should it continue]...well when i started,let's continue...

after it was all done [couple of minutes] i put back hard drive in xbox...black screen...ok i know what is the problem...back to xboxhdm [btw,i must say,that every time i took out,and put back xbox drive,i had to lock/unlock it...]
now let's go to xboxhd...rebuild c...yes...

now xbrowser...ndure installation ...no problems promted here...it took it 5 minutes to complete "the mission"... back to xbox, not black screen [woohoo! biggrin.gif]...enter date...dashboard looks the same,i put some disk with some game i burned long time ago to test xbox...IT WORK!!! YIIPPII YAHOO... [it was 4 am]

i tryed it for some time
put some other disk into it...didn't say on disk what it was [it was full of mp3s]

something weird ?!!? "unleash-x" ok...ran trough this,found mp3 player,nice smile.gif

end of work day 2

today i burned some game onto dvd-rw...xbox didn't recognize it sad.gif,neither did unleashex
burned other game on cd-rw...same problem

i red somewhere that thompson dvd-rom doesn't read rw discs ,too bad... [if someone knows the cure spit it out biggrin.gif]

suma summarum, don't try anything in windows to softmod it...xplorer360 and fat-xplorer are HIGHLY unstable programs!!

if you get bunch of problems in linux [xboxhdm] don't mind them,it shall work,and veeerry important,have hard drive password somewhere written

maybe this will help some newcomer smile.gif

and something weird-interesting...my softmoded xbox' dashboard is also 4034 biggrin.gif

end of story smile.gif

edit:just burned some game on cd [it is for cd] and it doesn't work :S [neither unleashx doesn't recognize it]

Edited by dudlajmiga, 09 January 2010 - 02:00 PM.

#15 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:17 PM

save your discs and use qwix to upload the game/s to your harddrive wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users