• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hambone1

hambone1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:13 PM

Hi guys, I am trying to set up a system link at my house. I have tried using static IP's and a switch obtaining their own IP's. Neither setup seems to work. They receive an IP from the switch(Or each other) so I know the cables are OK.
I am using Call of duty6. I am not sure of the procedure of getting the boxes to talk. They are both 360's running the same game. One of the boxes has no profiles yet.
Could someone shed some light on it for me, because the MS tutorials are basically to hook em together and all should be Good?
Thanks in advance fellas!

#2 hambone1

hambone1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:58 AM

Anyone have some ideas?

#3 effbee05

effbee05

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:11 AM

Is CoD6 the same as Modern Warfare 2? If so I don't think System Link works, I have yet to hear of a confirmed case of it working. I tried a few weeks ago and nothing worked except both 360's logging into Live! and playing.

#4 blong579

blong579

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:44 PM

i have 2 boxs both have not been on live since mw2 came out so there both updated the same. i bought a 100ft ethernet cable off of ebay for 11$ US and pluged the cable in. worked no problem. mw2 only lets you play each other not together the best i can tell. one has to start a match and the other box has to refresh and join that match. as far as doing it wireless i cant help but just use a regular ethernet cable and youll be good. no need for any switches or cross over cables.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users