Photo

Xecuter 2.6 - Can The Bios Become Corrupted Without Any Bad Flashing?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:56 AM

I have an x2.6 chip installed with the Xapt3r. Modded it a long time ago, and I don't remember what I did. Had a lot of fun with it. Then I got the 360 and the original Xbox pretty much collected dust. I pulled it out to play a few times, but nothing much. Recently, I tried playing it again and I get a FRAG on both banks and a 05 error with the chip off (unlocked HDD). The chip seems to be fine - all the LEDs turn on. I'm not sure what's wrong. I never soldered the D0 wire, but it stays in its hole fairly well; enough to work up to this point at least.

I want to get an external programmer (made a topic in BST - no success so far...cheapest I see online is $20 or so. I'd rather buy or borrow from someone for cheaper). But anyway, is this the recommended course of action? Any other ideas/suggestions?

Also, let's say I do reflash the chip or even get a new chip - would I lose everything I've set up in the HDD? It's a 500GB with UnleashX on bootup, games, emulators, etc.

#2 GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

Wow, looks like the chip was plugged incorrectly on the xapter (WhoTF messed with it!? o_O). Anyway, looks like things are fine now. Whew.

Someone close this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users