1 reply to this topic

#1 stupidforumwontletmeregister

stupidforumwontletmeregister

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:39 PM

Hi,

I was wondering how you got the Mechinstaller to work on the xbox? I select "Install Linux" and it keeps going to a black screen and freezes there.

I wait for 10mins before I restart. I look on youtube and I find a video where a guy gets his to work in less than 3mins.

My xbox seems fine, kernel 1.0. The mechassault I have is the correct one cuz it loads the save files.

Here's what I did:

1. I downloaded the action replay save file zips from the xbox-linux site
I followed the directions from this link to tranfer save: Action Replay USB Hack

2. Using action replay I transferred the saves to my 256mb usb stick (its a SanDisk cruzer mini, yes I checked it and its compatible)

3. I booted up the xbox with a controller in port 1 and my usb thumbstick connected to port 2 with a prebuilt usb to xbox cord.

4. Transferred the mechnstaller saves to the hardrive, removed the usb stick when finished and restarted my xbox with mechassault inside.

5. From the menu I went to CAMPAIGN > Install Linux and then it freezes

What do I do? If you got yours to work with the action replay method please tell me how and links to your mechinstaller files.

- Thanks!

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

The exploit you are using may be corrupt. Try using Krazie's Ndure 1.1.1. If that is what you are using, try getting it again or from a different site. Xbins is usually the best place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users