2 replies to this topic

#1 TeKNyNe

TeKNyNe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:56 AM

OK, I'm back on the scene from long ago and new to the whole jtag scenario. I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but I guess I was too excited and screwed it up.

After reading up, I flashed a Xenon with xbr and everything was fine. It worked like a charm and had no problems at all. At this point, I thought I was done, and could remove everything I soldered. But now I'm assuming you're supposed to keep the stuff soldered in permanently, because after the removal I booted up to an E79. After soldering the stuff back in, I received an E71. It's early in the morning now, and I'm pretty much finished working on it for the day.

Anyway, my question is would a reflash of the nand fix my problem? I ask this because from what I've read, E71 is usually a bad/corrupt flash.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Again, I'm sorry if I sound stupid, but I've done a lot of reading and searching the past 48 hours, and this all seems like a lot to take in.

Thanks!

Also, I've tried the console reset (holding sync on bootup), but that did nothing.

Edited by TeKNyNe, 01 January 2010 - 08:59 AM.

#2 FalconLTD

FalconLTD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:12 AM

yes just reflash the nand. Usually when you get e79 and you fix the problem you get e71 which indicates a good jtag setup - just needs reflashing. You can remove the lpt wires not the jtag. Lpt- flash. Jtag - run hack.
I removed mine, as I will just use lflash.c to reflash the nand. It is still recommened by most people incase a reflash is needed and it does not boot to leave the lpt wires - your choice

#3 TeKNyNe

TeKNyNe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Thanks a million! Reflashed and everything is working great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users