Grim187

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:03 AM

i use this method every time i bad flash a nand (which isent often) and it always works for me.

i had one recently that was bad flashed by someone else (not sure what he did) and this method dident work and he had previously tried the other one, i gave up trying to get it to flash and replaced the nand with one flashed with another board.
im sure this isent much help for most of you but if this method dosent work for you then you probably need to do as i did and replace the nand.

p.s. this is the method used for nand bad flash recovery with a infectus (but also works with spi (lpt/usb).

#17 iceman2048

iceman2048

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for the reply, Grim. As head mod, you must be real busy, so I appreciate you taking time to reply back:)

Hmm, replacing the nand is not something I'm capable of doing with the equipment I have. Could installing the Cygnos360 v2 be a possible solution? I'm not sure, as it acts as a second nand, but would it care if the original nand onboard is not available/operative?

Also, I found this thread:

http://www.elitemods...o...p?f=45&t=30

It features two methods for forcing the onboard nand into recovery mode. The first is shorting just pins 44-47, and the second is placing one wire across all of the "legs" of the nand, on both sides. Couldn't this be detrimental?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

#18 SDOD616

SDOD616

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

Has anyone tried this method on a problem such as not detecting from the start in nandpro? My falcon is giving me nothing but flash controller not detected. Does this fix this problem along with bad flash?

#19 accat13

accat13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:39 AM

Just as an update if anyone is interested or has a bad flash in the future. I was forced to try the method with the wire across all legs of the nand.I suffered from nandpro not able to detect and no response from the power button or eject on my new falcon elite. sad.gif...It did work for me smile.gif...It was acting a little odd.I had to skip the part about removing the power cable...I held the wire across all legs of the nand.Then had some one plug in the power cable.When the light stayed orange I pulled my hand back away from the nand removing the wire at the same time but leaving the power plugged in.I left the lpt cable connected to the pc thru all of this.The strange part was I was only able to do one test read, then nandpro would not detect again.I finally gave up on the test read and flashed directly back to the original nand image.It worked smile.gif...I then reapplied my jtag wires and flashed xbr...success...very scary to do thought I had a sure brick.I would advise caution to all this would be my last resort.Thankfully I had managed to get a good backup before all these issues.

As an after thought does one require the jtag wires to be attached prior to the xbr or freeboot flash or can they be installed later but prior to booting the console.Also is it normal for the xbox to turn on by itself after flashing the xbr image file.

#20 Jumpy_Beans

Jumpy_Beans

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE(accat13 @ Jul 16 2010, 06:39 PM) View Post

As an after thought does one require the jtag wires to be attached prior to the xbr or freeboot flash or can they be installed later but prior to booting the console.Also is it normal for the xbox to turn on by itself after flashing the xbr image file.

Yes you can flash without jtag wires installed but install them before you boot and my jtag xbox only turns on when i have a controller plugged in.

#21 ars0n

ars0n

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

ive had pretty good results with the shorting of wires 44-47.

#22 RavenPhoenix

RavenPhoenix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:18 AM

I have an Xbox360 Falcon mb in a Zephyr case and I read in another postg on this forum that apparently these units are rare and were released during the period Microshit were initially releasing the Jaspers. I know it is Jtagable cause I checked the CB version 5671 and the dash is 7371.

I'm experiencing the exact same problem as the other guys with the 360 not powering up. I flashed my nand with Xell via the JTAGtool and at first my 360 powered on once and gave me a E79 error but after that it won't power on at all.

I unplugged the 360 and the connected it back to the LPT port to remove Xell but that didn't change anything. I am still stuck with no power at all and no response when I press the power or eject buttons. I have tried several times to flash and reflash with Nandpro and JTAGtool but still no luck. I though my 360 was certifiably dead but after reading up on here I might still have a slight chance of revival.

I've even tried redoing the JTAG soldering and also changing from the standard method to Blackaddr's AUD_Clamp method. The initial JTAG soldering was shockingly wonky but after I change it over to AUD_Clamp method I'm fairly sure that all the soldering was done properly and cleanly.

The funny thing is the light on the power brick is amber and my NAND is dectable and writable. One thing I really do have to mention is the fact that I did about 10 reads on it prior to writing Xell and I was not able to get any of them to match 100%. I kept on getting 5 differences found in all the dumps and Nandpro would give an error 254 problem reading block 5B.

I read on another post that it is quite safe to write Xell to the Nand even though the dumps are not matching for the Zephyr/Falcons so hence why I took the plunge. I don't know if this is really the case now but I sure hope that the 10 nand reads that I done prior to writing Xell really are good enough to save my 360 cause if not it will be a hectic mission in trying to find another exploitable unit.

I would really love to get a bit of assistance and advice on what I can do to save this 360 and get it booting again. If worse comes to devastating I will even consider buying the Cygnos or even taking it to the Xbox repairers but I really want that to the last resort. Please let me know if you require any more details or I can even post pictures.

Thanks heaps in advance and hope the elite members of this forum can save my hide like they have done so on so many other occasions for other members.

#23 SeaQuake

SeaQuake

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

Thanks, this worked for me.

I'm sure that replying to old threads aren't frowned upon when the info is still relevant.

#24 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

I flashed a xenon xell by accident to my zephyr which i guess killed my nand. I tried this method and it didnt work, was hoping it did.

Guess i got to hot air my nand off sad.gif

#25 prime2010

prime2010

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

I have a console Zephyr halo3 unit that I flashed xellous to by mistake not realising my flasher doesn't support it or something, then I flashed Xell to it (zephyr was selected as type each time) and the system boots up with E79 error.

When I went back to flash the standard nand back I got this can't detect flash BS error, tried the 4 pin trick, the USB power trick, the power plug trick, nothing will work, won't detect the nand chip. If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know. I will probably end up soldering on a new NAND however I do not know much about if I can just write the original nand back onto another or if it has to be a old nand.

MASSIVE headache, spend 10hours trying to figure it out.

#26 evertonman67

evertonman67

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Everything there is to do with Microsoft Xbox's

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

Is there a tut on this for the Xenon board please guys,as i can't get NandPro to detect my flash controller what so ever and i'm 99% certain that the 0022 error on my xbox is due to a bad Nand flash when i used Coolshrimps Jtag Tool.Thanks fellas
Garry

#27 X-hacker

X-hacker

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

hmm... 5v to a 3.3v flash device... Sure way to destroy it and anything connected to it.

My experience in using the LPT for bad flashing...

If you can't detect the flash controller, YOUR SOLDERING IS BAD

Read errors - BAD SOLDERING
Write errors - BAD SOLDERING

Do I need to go on?

If you actually look around the internet for "Xbox 360 bad flash fix" you will find that you need to apply 3.3v to the NAND - NOT 5v USB!!!

But hey, keep busting consoles laugh.gif

#28 derickchow

derickchow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

does it work with a usb lpc 2148?

#29 chapas5400

chapas5400

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

As anyone tried this on a trinity motherboard? Mine is not powering up, neither can read, write or erase the NAND. Still i can read 3.3 on both VCC on the NAND.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users