notcrack

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:17 PM

As the subject says I've lost my nand backups.
How screwed am I? Can I still update to the new xbr by dumping the kv from the XBReboot v0.05 8955-1 thats already flashed?
When I flashed the xbr over I had to remap some bad blocks what will happen if I don't this time?

Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions for me

Notcrack

#2 kingpickle

kingpickle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(notcrack @ Jan 2 2010, 06:17 AM) View Post

As the subject says I've lost my nand backups.
How screwed am I? Can I still update to the new xbr by dumping the kv from the XBReboot v0.05 8955-1 thats already flashed?
When I flashed the xbr over I had to remap some bad blocks what will happen if I don't this time?

Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions for me

Notcrack

If you're early into the new os installation. Put that drive in another pc and recover the data off it.Very good chance of recovering it.

#3 vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:32 PM

Unless you reformatted your hard disk while installing, your old files are all there. Depending on where you had them on your old OS. (assuming it was windows before) Look around in the windows.OLD folder and your old files in the users folder. You could also just use windows search to save time looking.

#4 dakaku

dakaku

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

http://www.pcworld.c...oads/files.html

try these
(it would work with the kv+config in the xbr, but its not a bad idea to have the original backup, (dunno what about the bad blocks))

Edited by dakaku, 02 January 2010 - 04:44 PM.

#5 kingpickle

kingpickle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE(vintage_guitar @ Jan 2 2010, 09:32 AM) View Post

Unless you reformatted your hard disk while installing, your old files are all there. Depending on where you had them on your old OS. (assuming it was windows before) Look around in the windows.OLD folder and your old files in the users folder. You could also just use windows search to save time looking.

Even if the drive is formatted he can still recover the files easily. The sooner you try recovering the better your chances. Use something like EZ Recovery. Good luck.

#6 notcrack

notcrack

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'm just running a full disk recovery now and I'll post details about how it all went.

Thanks for your time. Happy New Year.

Notcrack

#7 notcrack

notcrack

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Quick update.

I have recvered all the file I could off the formatted drive and there was no hint of a nand dump on ther at all. So where do I go now? Do I just pull the kv off the already installed XBR and hope for the best, or shoud I leave off until some kind of automatic update is created sometime in the future?

If I should pull the kv off the XBR nand then what should I do about the ad blocks I had on my original?

Sorry to keep going on about this, but I can't stand to lose another xbox.

Notcrack

#8 notcrack

notcrack

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:00 PM

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I really need a little advice. I have completely lost my nand backups. The XBR on the xbox had some bad blocks remapped so how will that affect just pulling the kv and config off the XBR already installed?
I know I can get my kv and config no problem, but do I just place them into the new XBR and flash or do I have to remapped the blocks that I previous remapped?

If I need to remap the blocks is that possible with just a backup of the flashed nand (already on the system)?

If someone could give me a hand I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Notcrack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users