10 replies to this topic

#1 thebigstar

thebigstar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:34 AM

Hey,

I'm just getting into EE and pretty much don't know anything at all, but I'd like to disable bluetooth on the PS3 controller(I got a Sixaxis model). Problem is, I have no idea how the board is broadcasting it out, all I see are resisters and such have no idea how to cut the power to the bluetooth transmitter. This has gotta be a cakewalk to anyone who isn't me tongue.gif

Been a little while since I looked at the Controller board, but I'm 95% sure it's this model: MSU PP4.0 5 (Six-Axis, Old 'original version' board with 3 leg POTs)

[LINK]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/RDCXBG/PS3%20Six-Axis%20and%20DS3/MSUPP405.jpg[/LINK]

Thanks!

#2 niai

niai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

do you not need the bluetooth to use the controller

when you connect to usb i dont think it uses usb to talk to the playstation

#3 thebigstar

thebigstar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

Yeah it's somewhat confusing. I don't know if the PS3 reads the controller only via bluetooth for registration, or if it can use the usb interface. I know if I plug in my controller to my PC and press the PS button there is a chance that it will start searching for the PS3 so it can register itself with it(instead of just staying connected to my PC via USB, very annoying).

Fortunately I don't care, I just want a controller that will work 100% with my PC without any extra crap like always searching for a PS3.

Can someone PLEASE point out which parts of the controller board I have to dismantle to disable bluetooth?

#4 niai

niai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

didnt know there was usb drivers out it must use usb when connected to ps3

IPB Image
that looks like the bluetooth modual but i have never dont any thing with a ps3 controller and i dont have one atm as my ps3 is dead and a friend is get use of my controllers
i would as it has to be there though seen as that looks like a generic blue tooth adapter and has an aerial i would say its the right thing

i cant see the advantage to have this removed my self and i have no idea how the controller will react with it gone

:EDIT:

ok looked a bit more in to it and it looks like its an unofficial board above

IPB Image
i would say it has to be this part but i am in no way shore of this and still have no idea how this will affect the board if i was you i wouldnt remove it as it the risk will out way the benafits but the 1st bard there i dont see much risk for

sorry i cant help any more

Edited by niai, 10 January 2010 - 09:20 PM.

#5 murauder

murauder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Music, computers, electronics, internet, technology, guitar, writing, video games, outdoors and guns
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

there are also bluetooth drivers for pc

#6 niai

niai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:34 PM

i know bout the blue tooth drivers i didnt know bout usb as i didnt think the controller could work with usb

witch is a good and bad idea it will put up costs i would say but it will charge better and if ur bluetooth go's you can still use usb

Edited by niai, 10 January 2010 - 11:35 PM.

#7 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:02 AM

I wouldnt mess with it.. if you do there is a chance the controller might not work right....

#8 thebigstar

thebigstar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

Sweet, thanks Niai.

I'm a little busy this week but I've got my PS3 controller sitting right here so I'll see if I can't find a way take off one of those components. If it goes well I'll let everyone know, and if it goes sour I'll make sure to let everyone know tongue.gif

I don't know if this is the driver I have for it, but a link at any rate
http://www.dcemu.co....ead.php?t=45209

Unlike the 360 controllers, you don't need to buy anymore M$ products (like a wireless receiver) to get the paddle working on the PC, just a usb cord. Funny how ˘ony made their controller work almost out of the box on XP while MS's doesn't. Too bad Sony still sucks sad.gif

Anyway I'll let you know how it goes

#9 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE(thebigstar @ Jan 18 2010, 01:59 PM) View Post

Sweet, thanks Niai.

I'm a little busy this week but I've got my PS3 controller sitting right here so I'll see if I can't find a way take off one of those components. If it goes well I'll let everyone know, and if it goes sour I'll make sure to let everyone know tongue.gif

I don't know if this is the driver I have for it, but a link at any rate
http://www.dcemu.co....ead.php?t=45209

Unlike the 360 controllers, you don't need to buy anymore M$ products (like a wireless receiver) to get the paddle working on the PC, just a usb cord. Funny how ˘ony made their controller work almost out of the box on XP while MS's doesn't. Too bad Sony still sucks sad.gif

Anyway I'll let you know how it goes

Sony Doesn't suck uhh.gif

well as far as being big meanies and not making it east to hack PS3 they suck!! But overall I'm a fan smile.gif

#10 Darksakul

Darksakul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

There are 3rd party controllers that are strictly WIRED USB only, for the PS3.
Alternatively there is a USB adapter for PS2 controllers to be used with the PS3 and PC

Depending on the brand and model of adapter, there are some adapters uses the analog button on the PS2 as the Home (or PS) button or have a Home button located on the adapter. Most cheaper adapters offer no Home (or PS) button. If you decide to go this route, do your home work first.

#11 niai

niai

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:06 AM

i handnt though of that http://www.dealextre...ails.dx/sku.789
i have that one it work grand (no home function) and it works on the ps3 to

0 user(s) are reading this topic