4 replies to this topic

#1 jgcaap

jgcaap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:28 PM

Hello everyone. i've got a newbie question wich i cannot find the awser after reading alot around the forum and google extra sites. I've been studying the best way and safest way of making my xbox 360 reliable to play backup games and safe keep an extra DVD drive (the original one). And i liked to know if this wich i have in mind is possible.

I have here a damaged xbox 360 wich got a working Toshiba samsung DVD drive. I was thinking on flashing with iXtreme 1.61 . I've bought a new xbox 360 from the new generation of xbox 1 week ago. Is it possible to for example, in order to not damage my original DVD rom drive in case wents wrong, i would use the Toshiba samsung from the damaged xbox 360 and flash it, and safe keep the original one.

In case my xbox got damaged , i would put back the old DVD rom and the warranty sticker.

I'm asking this for because i wish to know if Is compatible the old edition of the DVD rom from the broken xbox 360 on the new generation of xbox 360 ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by jgcaap, 03 January 2010 - 10:39 PM.

#2 jtupnsmoke

jtupnsmoke

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

Against forum rules to ask about warranty fraud. And yes you can spoof the old drive to the liteon.

#3 jgcaap

jgcaap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

oh sorry. and thank you for the help. i'll edit my post

Do i have to make any extra ajustments or i can change it without creating any change? is there any tutorial you might know of? I'm kind of lost .

Thanks again

Edited by jgcaap, 03 January 2010 - 10:40 PM.

#4 XOR101

XOR101

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE(jgcaap @ Jan 3 2010, 10:37 PM) View Post

oh sorry. and thank you for the help. i'll edit my post

Do i have to make any extra ajustments or i can change it without creating any change? is there any tutorial you might know of? I'm kind of lost .

Thanks again

yes you can spoof the samsung to be as your liteon... read the forums...

But if you get banned microsoft will not accept your xbox for repair. Even if itīs totally original they just ban your 360 serial number and you cannot return it any more.

#5 jgcaap

jgcaap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:31 AM

ohh i understand smile.gif Thnks for he warning, but i do not intend on playing online, only offline. i'll read more about this. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users