• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 watertails

watertails

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:54 AM

Hey, guys, I'm having a little bit of trouble with my softmod. When I try to plug the USB drive into the xbox (I soldered a USB extension cord into port 4, if that makes a difference), the save files won't show up. When I've loaded the flash drive (a 512 mb Lexar Firefly, which is on the Xbox Linux site) in the Action Replay software, the drive shows up and my downloaded saves work fine, although some of the pre-included saves don't. Is there any other software I should try? Are the saves not showing up because I haven't played any games, and therefore, don't have any saves on the Xbox's hard drive?

#2 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

Your drive is not compatible. Look here bottom of the page.

Edited by bearcreek, 05 January 2010 - 01:59 PM.

#3 watertails

watertails

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(bearcreek @ Jan 5 2010, 01:58 PM) View Post

Your drive is not compatible. Look here bottom of the page.

Oh, wow. I feel really dumb about that. sad.gif

I tried out another old flash drive, a 2gb Sandisk Cruzer Micro, which had the U3 software on it (and I didn't just skim this time. It is on the compatibilty list). Every time I try to connect it to the Action Replay, I get "USB device failed to enumerate" errors. I've formatted it, and formatted it to FATX from MSDash, set up the xbreader.inf, and installed the drivers.

I guess this is more for people who have used one of these drives, but to get this to work, do you install any U3 apps, or just uninstall everything?

Edited by watertails, 05 January 2010 - 11:42 PM.

#4 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:31 PM

I am not too familiar with using flash drives as a memory card. Read this maybe it will help.

What game and method are you trying to use?

Edited by bearcreek, 06 January 2010 - 03:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users