• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bait

Bait

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:07 PM

First off thanks for taking the time to look at my issue. I have read so many tuts its not even funny but yet cant seem to get to where im going.

Heres the deal I am kind of playing around with a couple of systems to learn a little and maybe use my skills to help benifet the xbox community going forward with that said here is what I have and what I am trying t odo.

Xbox with a TS drive wont play games at all, replaced the laser and it still wouldnt play games but would dvd and music. So I fugured it must have lost the key... well i was able to use jungleflasher to read the drive with no issues so either the pot is off or something is array with the drive. Well I have a perfect Benq drive that was flashed by another person sometime back that i have aquired. I am assuming its flashed with 1.4-1.5 what I was wanting to do is spoof or insert the dvd key from the old TS drive into the Benq drive but also update with the stock firmware no modding.

I have the VIA sata chipset and it has no problems reading the TS drives but for some reason the Benq drives seem to lock up the system. Removing the drivers as sugested in the users guide wouldnt allow jungleflasher to see the drive either for some reason. So any help on that issue would be great.

2nd issue is it appears that i can only get the drive to go in vendor mode by doing the half tray trick which i have yet to master properly so some clarification on that process would be fantastic!

3rd and final question - it appears that i can use junglefalsher to spoof the benq drive but how can i go about finding a copy of the original firmaware for the benq drive to incert the dvdkey into?

I know this seems like a noob post and for that i apologize, i am still learning on the drive side of things but if you can point me in the right direction you may never know what I can contribute back to the modding community.

thanks gents

#2 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(Bait @ Jan 5 2010, 08:07 AM) View Post

Xbox with a TS drive wont play games at all, replaced the laser and it still wouldnt play games but would dvd and music. So I fugured it must have lost the key...

If it doesn't have the correct key flashing it into a new drive won't solve your problem. But it is a GREAT way to confirm if you have the correct key or not! You'll need to do this, if it's isn't the correct key, and MAKE SURE IT IS EXPLOITABLE for this to even work!
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=698328

I was wanting to do is spoof or insert the dvd key from the old TS drive into the Benq drive but also update with the stock firmware no modding.

Spoofing is ban material just like modding, technically is modding. Therefore might as well mod it. We can't discuss where you can get it from as it's copyrighted by MS, and contains their code. Therefore try googling "ben-OFW.bin"

I have the VIA sata chipset and it has no problems reading the TS drives but for some reason the Benq drives seem to lock up the system. Removing the drivers as suggested in the users guide wouldnt allow jungleflasher to see the drive either for some reason. So any help on that issue would be great.

Double check the JF tutorial and go step-by-step.
Did you disable your RAID?
Did you rename your VIA drives as my personal computer will auto install them IMMEDIATLY after I disable them, renaming/moving them was the only way I could get that needed Code38/39 error needed, for one of the drives?....

2nd issue is it appears that i can only get the drive to go in vendor mode by doing the half tray trick which i have yet to master properly so some clarification on that process would be fantastic!

Eject the tray, turn it off, push it in half way, turn it back on. smile.gif Start Jungleflasher

you may never know what I can contribute back to the modding community.
thanks gents

I just want some wacky tobaccy sad.gif but more great homebrew would be great! Perhaps a Wii emulator after MS "debuts" their motion controller this week. Think it's possible? It would probably end the wii sales...

#3 Bait

Bait

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the much needed info, im going ot give it another run here in a few hours and see whats up. Yeah i know if the keys dont match it wont work but i figured if i threw that key in a known good drive that would tell me if it was valid or not.

If its not the same well then it looks like im going to go down another learning trail.

#4 Bait

Bait

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

Got the drive flashed with the new key and well it must not be the same all though i find that highly unlikely on this unit. I cant hack the 360 due to the kernal so I guess its bricked. Thanks for the information though i did learn a lot form this and will continue to use these drives to tinker with since they arent needed for the system and as long as i have the original FW i can always reflash it back if a work around for the kernal comes about.

Do we know of anything else besides the key that would keep a system from reading games? possibly a broken solder joint that doesnt cause a rrod?

Edited by Bait, 06 January 2010 - 03:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users