• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeeve76

jeeve76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

I just started getting back into this so this is all new to me. I have two version 1.0 xboxes, one with a Matrix modchip and one with a Chameleon 1.5/1.8 modchip that I installed years ago. The Chameleon modchip had Cromwell 2.27 dev (Easybuy2000 Edition) which I just attempted to flash (took me days because im a noob lol). It did flash the Chameleon on Bank 0 with a X2 4977 Bios disc I made. All seemed good until I turned the xbox back on. I get the green/red flashing, I tried switching to a different banks but it does the same. Not sure what to do now but in the end I'm trying to get Slayer's Auto-Installer on there. There seems like all kinds of methods to get this done so I just need some suggestions on which path to take. To get where I'm at now took a bunch of reading and a few days and it just didn't work out lol. The softmod using XboxHDM seems appealing but just looking for some guidance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

Sounds to me like a soldier joint came loose. Check your DO. Does it boot a game disk?

#3 jeeve76

jeeve76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:57 PM

The DO looked like it was connected perfectly fine, the problem started after I flashed, maybe I did something wrong with the bios disc. I did some more reading and it seems the ndure softmod is the way to go.

#4 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

Maybe try hotswapping the modchips. I am not sure if that is possible with those two modchips as I have never worked with either. I dont know of any other way.

Once you install your softmod, turn on the chip to see if you can flash it with Evox. Just a thought, may not even work. Make sure you dont flash your TSOP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users