• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 supness

supness

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

I asked this somewhere else, but havn't got an answer back yet, so...I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I searched to no avail...

I'm doing a 256MB jasper. I got the nand to dump. I havn't installed XBR as I can't get the JTAG wiring installed properly. I solder in the JTAG wiring, but the system still boots in stock dash/nand fine. My questions are, is there a way to individually test each wire from the jtag wiring to make sure its working, also is it a specific wire that stops the console from booting or is it all of the JTAG wires together, and is there anyway a console with the JTAG wiring installed 'properly' would boot normally even with stock dash/nand?

I'm asuming I eff'd up the DB1F1(lifted pad) notch or what ever, but I thought that if I messed that up, my system shouldn't even boot normally? I tried FT1U2, and it seems to have gotten in(looks good, with pad intact), but im still able to boot, I would like to make sure I get the JTAG wiring installed 'properly' before I attmpt to write XBR.

Another big question I have is, after lifting the pad at DB1F1, is it at all possible to still use it(like using flux paste). I can stil solder to it. I just have no way of even telling if thats my problem or if its another wire.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:22 AM

Original dash/NAND will still boot with the JTAG wires in place.

#3 bulle48

bulle48

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

If the solder/wire will still stick to DB1F1 after soldering then the pad hasn't been ripped... it's still intact. Do not solder the diode directly to this point... use a wire since its less stiff, and solder the diode on the other side but still in the same direction.

I would test out XBR... just make sure you have 2-3 good matching dumps of your original NAND before writing anything. That way if the JTAG/XBR doesn't work, you can always put back your original.

I had lots of problems when writing over LPT cable. I found the fastest and easiest way is to just flash XELL first and use Gentoo Live cd beta2 to boot linux, then use lflash to flash XBR... works much better since it avoids write errors and automatically reallocates bad blocks, plus it takes only a few minutes instead of hours over LPT.

#4 supness

supness

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

thanks so much, I am burning gentoo now, Xell booted fine. Im now looking for a tutorial on how to read/write/flash the nand using gentoo and usb. Any ideas where to find one?

#5 swestside

swestside

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(supness @ Jan 6 2010, 11:34 AM) View Post

thanks so much, I am burning gentoo now, Xell booted fine. Im now looking for a tutorial on how to read/write/flash the nand using gentoo and usb. Any ideas where to find one?

http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4588976

#6 Sp00nLude

Sp00nLude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:00 PM

At the moment, you can only read big nands thru Gentoo. It does not support flashing, yet.

#7 supness

supness

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

Thanks everyone, I got Xell to work, I'm writing xbr_3 now. Hope it all goes well. I'm using LPT, will it take 7-8 hours to write like it did to read?

#8 xxpittbullxx

xxpittbullxx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

nah about 2 or 2 and a half hours

#9 supness

supness

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:03 PM

sweet! thanks pitt, I see u have a xenon and a 256jasper, I'm kinda in teh same position, I have a dead xenon rolleyes.gif , and a 256jasper I'm flashing now.

#10 supness

supness

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:06 AM

Got XBR_3 working, thanks to everyone who has been helping me!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users