#1 coolman1987us

coolman1987us

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

Ive done 2 boxes already successfully and the 3rd is giving me trouble. I transferred the saves to the unmodded xbox then booted into unleashx through splinter cell. Created MS & MOD backups. when i went down to install softmod it got to "Extracting. Please Wait C:\xboxdash.xbe" (50%) then it just hangs. i tried restoring the backups and it didnt recover the original MSDash. i can still start splinter cell and boot into unleashx but every time i try to install softmod it gets to 50% and thats it. can anyone help me??? its a friends box go figure... my 2 boxes worked without a hitch.

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

It doesn't sound like you are using Krazie's Ndure 1.1.1. I would gain FTP access with your exploit then FTP the MS dash back over and get it working. Transfer Krazie's over and use it. You can also get Krazie's transferred through FTP.

#3 coolman1987us

coolman1987us

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

im not quite sure what i used its been a while i believe it was slayers that i used. i just transfered the savegame and linux file from the modded box to the usb memory card then to the unmodded box. i find it odd that it worked twice and the third time it wont complete. ill try ndure, is there a copy of the msdash on xbins? also could you point my to an accurate guide for ndure or is it the same as using slayers version? thanks.

#4 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:17 PM

What version of xbox is it? You should be able to ftp with UleashX. Is the softmod ude or uxe? That is what I used to use and never had a problem with it. Are you sure your files didnt get corrupted? Try new files. If you can run UleashX, you should be able to see the files on your xbox with the file explorer. The splinter cell hack usually uses the evox dash.

#5 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:56 AM

i just transfered the savegame and linux file from the modded box to the usb memory card then to the unmodded box.

I have read where the exploit needs to be copied from the PC to the virgin Xbox. Using one from a modded Xbox doesn't work. You might try Krazie's and go from there. Slayer's is for a chipped Xbox. You shouldn't use it on a softmod unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Slayer's and your modded Xbox will have the MS Dash files on them.

#6 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:16 PM

I use the method above. I have never had a problem. Once my xbox was modded, I got a memory card, and transfered the splinter cell mod to my xbox and then to the memory card. I still have the memory card in use. It is the fastest way in (at least for me) to get the eeprom backed up and change files around.

Edited by bearcreek, 07 January 2010 - 07:19 PM.

#7 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

As long as you are using the same exploit from the memory card and not copying it from the Xbox AFTER you have used that exploit to mod that Xbox you should be good.

I do the same thing. I have a mem card that only has the exploit on it. I put it on the mem card from the PC though.

I would still look at using Krazie's or another exploit to see if it will work. You might try deleting everything from the E partition and putting the exploit on again and try again.

I used to use PBL Metoo (I think that is the name). It is a small exploit and easy to install. From there you can use CASH Ver 1.1 or Frosty's Rescue Disk to upgrade to Krazie's.

#8 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

I leave the mod on the memory card and just copy it to the unmodded xbox, then boot splinter cell and I'm in. I have never tried Krazies, but may this weekend to see what everyone is talking about. Why is everyone still using Slayer's? I thought that AID was the latest and the greatest?

#9 coolman1987us

coolman1987us

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(bearcreek @ Jan 7 2010, 02:19 PM) View Post

I leave the mod on the memory card and just copy it to the unmodded xbox, then boot splinter cell and I'm in. I have never tried Krayzies, but may this weekend to see what everyone is talking about. Why is everyone still using Slayer's? I thought that AID was the latest and the greatest?

I just copied the krayzies ndure over using the exploit that was not working. just copied over the old saves with krayzies and boom done.

-to bearcreek- when i did the last 2 mods that was the exploit of the time but after just using krayzies ill never use anything else. it was error free and extremely simple. it also makes you backup the eeprom. the slayers i used in the past had the option but if you didnt know what you were doing you could skip it.

thanks 1hotjob for the hint to krayzies

#10 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

Glad to see you got it done.

Here is my method of doing a soft mod with an upgraded HD. You might like it, or may just want to stick with what you are doing.

Load Krazie's and run back up eeprom. FTP into Xbox and copy C and E drives to the PC.

Build Xboxhdm CD with C drive from Xbox and eeprom.bin. I leave the E drive empty. This saves time on building the new drive by not including all the game saves and music from the E drive. The Xbox will build new Tdata and Udata folders when it boots up.

Build new HD and put it in the Xbox. Copy Krazie's to the new HD and run it. I fully install the softmod from here. After the new drive is done, I FTP the Udata and Tdata folders over with the Apps needed. I usually format the new drives with Xbpartitioner to be safe from data corruption.

That leaves me a stock HD in case something goes wrong. It is locked and can be popped back in in no time. Usually I unlock these and donate them to a local PC repair place that builds PCs for underprivileged kids for Christmas.

I keep each Xboxhdm CD made for the Xbox and label it. That is really all you need. If the HD goes out you can use it to quickly build a new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users