set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:00 PM

Ok i have a soft modded xbox and i soldered in the 6 wires needed for the component out and i also soldered in the 2 wires needed for coaxial audio output, the but when i boot the xbox up it goes into black and white, first i wanted to know is it in black in white cause of something i have done wrong? did a wire not make a good connection? or did i have to bridge a connection for it to work, so first i tried to read a bit about my problem and found people saying to look in xbmc to change the HD but i cant find any kind of setting in there for that, i also tried the frostys method with the rescue disc, and changing the thing from pal to ntsc but my xbox was already set to ntsc so i tried both ways then would reboot and go to xboxsdash.xbe and it would bring me to a blank screen, so im not sure what else is left to try, the only thing i can figure is i need to bridge something on the mobo, i still have to leave the standard plug pluged in for it to even boot up and it displays on my tv in standard mode in color but in component its blacvk and white still and doesnt look any crisper then standard..........so wtf?

#2 gman060692

gman060692

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:14 AM

Sounds like you forgot to solder jumper wires across the correct video select pins, causing the colour signal to go across the wrong cable or not at all. Pinout Info

#3 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

Ok Well trying to figure this out i unlocked my hard drive and now i get the error 5 code sad.gif i have the hard drive key and eeprom thingy backed up on my comp, so i have to work at that now before going back to this problem lol,but i will say i was doing the highdef audio /video one on that pic in the link you posted, but all i soldered was the plus and minus for the red green and blue wires and thats it, no switchs are any of the other stuff, were would i add another wire for ground? thanks again for the reply smile.gif

P.S
This isnt my xbox, this is my kids xbox and i feel bad now that i messed it up lol

Edited by set@rcos, 07 January 2010 - 09:12 PM.

#4 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:53 PM

Ok thankgod, i got his hard drive in my pc and used xboxhdm_v1.9 and relocked the drive, only took me a few god damn hours to get it to work right lol ,ok so back to the black and white picture, your saying i missed a ground? do you mean like i should have bridge to points? i also installed the coaxial audio port and ran the 2 wires to the board plus ran a ground wire to a spot on the board,where would i find the point to run a wire to a ground for the video?

What this guy said

"All you needed to do was connect Pin 9 to Pin 10, and Pin 11 to Pin 12. That should have given you the Advanced A/V Pack Mode.

From what you said, and what it sounds like, you only have Pins 11 and 12 connected correctly. What's probably happening, is when you insert the A/V Cable, it's grounding pins 9 and 10, and you already have pins 11 and 12 grounded, which would make it work correctly, and without it inserted, you're only grounding pins 11 and 12. With only pins 11 and 12 grounded, you're probably getting a PAL signal going into your TV. Recheck pins 9 and 10.

I submitted it as a tutorial a while back... still waiting to see if they post it dry.gif."

Is that what i have to do to make it work? bridge 13 to 14 and 11 to 12 and skip the switches? will that make it work?

Edited by set@rcos, 08 January 2010 - 12:14 AM.

#5 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Ok igot the thing soldered up fine now, it works without the av plug in and the component wires plugged in the back but its not displaying in 1080i or 720p and i know you have to go to the msdahboard to change those settings but i get error 21 when i try, its a softmodded xbox ,i tried the frosty thing again but it still goes to a black screen, i tried going through xbmc with the latest version and once i get to the settings area of the app it goes to a black screen but i can still hear the program when i move the cursor???

#6 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:56 PM

Ok i feel like im talking to myself but here it goes.....again, i tried updating the xbox dash with SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer 2.5 and it fucked the xbox again sad.gif i started getting the error 13 when i rebooted, it wouldn't load anything,just the error 13, so i looked around on the net and found i could restore the xbox to retail again by putting a store bought xbox game and letting it load live update which i did and was successful in restoring it to retail, so well i was in there i turned on the high def features and audio coaxial features........now how do i go about re modding it again if i dont have any of the 3 store bought games like 007 or mech assult?

#7 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:43 PM

Success!! ok i grabbed a larger hard drive i had laying around and after tossing a few files onto it with an xbox app i was able to use it on the xbox and load some form of dashboard i have never seen before, now if i put slayer on the c drive can i just replace the xboxdash.xbe file with the one from slayers without it going all flaking on me?

#8 gman060692

gman060692

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

You'll need all(while most) original C drive files to run the msdash. The best thing to do is to copy the C drive contents from another xbox to yours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users