• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 polomaan

polomaan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

I want a good headset for my 360 that plugs into the controller (no wires to xbox).

I'm looking at this headset http://www.sennheise...ype-voip_502141

With this adaptor http://www.yourcable...pter_p_211.html

Anybody know if it'll work? Thanks

#2 mighty quinn 77

mighty quinn 77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:57 PM

I have a similar situation would like to know, so bump for a answer

#3 Copter64

Copter64

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

you would need break open that adapter listed HERE

The adapter listed here is for use with 2 stereo headsets, you would need to modify it so that the stereo leads on one side of the female 3.5mm plug are soldered together and that they are on there own contact on the male 2.5mm plug.

Then you would need to make sure the other female 3.5mm is setup the same way so that the mike is connected to the ground and 1 contact on the male 2.5mm plug.

Email me if you need me to clarify, i'll do a rough sketch when i get a chance.

Copter64@gmail.com

PS one issue you may run into is if the headset will be loud enough, but then again that is what testing is for, i would imagine since its the kind that seals to your head you should be good.

Edited by Copter64, 18 March 2010 - 05:23 PM.

#4 Mr. Hankey

Mr. Hankey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:56 PM

IMHO, the cable that you want for your Sennheiser is not the ones listed, because they will only give you chat but no game sounds. Same goes for Headset Buddy, Intec, Datel.

What you really want is this: Use any PC headset as XBOX headset with game audio and chat mix

I tried them out, and it works great for me. It's really low cost, but is all you need.

If you are looking to connect directly to your console, you might consider their amp kit, since it may not be loud enough with the XBOX audio out. It's only $19.99, and MLG pros use it over their Astro mixamp!

Hope this helps biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users