ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:52 AM

Who's got HD videos of these emus, and who can tell me what other Xtras should be collected for them. I've been out of the arcade scene for almost 2 years and I have no clue where to start. I want to have full HD videos and other artwork or whatever else can be used for release here.

Thanks ahead of time,
~Rx

EDIT: Oh... and is it safe to say that we don't need FBAxxx Pro anymore now that we have FBL?

Edited by ressurectionx, 07 January 2010 - 04:56 AM.

#2 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:27 AM

Can Xbox even Run full HD video? I have had no luck with mine and I read online somewhere that you need the RAM upgrade in order to run it properly. I tried a few 1080p movies a while back and neither of them worked, so I gave up on it and now I just use the XBOX for standard def stuff.

maybe I missed a patch or topic about this that explained it?

anyway, let me know what you know :-)

#3 cbagy

cbagy

X-S Genius

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Nothing legal probably !
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:02 AM

640x480 runs ok and they look good in preview windows which rarely exceed 640x480 even in HD.

#4 RedCapsMan

RedCapsMan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:57 AM

I've not got a full set of mame vids but it is 3000 videos. I think they're the best your gonna find without paying $20 and having them sent to you from whatever website is selling them. Hell, they may even be those movies they're not watermarked like the free ones are. I grabbed them off the newsgroups, converted them to wmv and then to xmv. I just took them ALL and transfered them to my xbox and it covers all the parent sets for FBL, the 1200 games I've got in CoinOps and then some. It is kinda funny to have the screensaver going on CoinOps and have Tekken flash by.

So, I've got a ton of what you need, all sitting in wmv format. And standard MAME naming format means no messing with renaming files. They're mostly the same quality, some worse some better, as those Nintendo VS movies I sent you.

Oh and I've got the flyers, cabs, control panels, marquees, snaps and title shots from the mame .135 artwork set too. I ran them through nes's little copy/paster batch file to get the ones he said we needed and not everything from the artwork pack.

PM me at the other forum and tell me the best way to get this stuff to you so you can check it out. Or maybe you just want a sample of the vids to see what they're like.

Red

#5 pkbunghole

pkbunghole

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

http://www.mamext.net/movies_3.php

640x480 .avi - i think it is the same collection that people have payed for before.

#6 RedCapsMan

RedCapsMan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:56 AM

Yeah those look like the files I have. I took a sampling and compared them to the avis I have and they're the same. Then I looked at the wmvs I had made and I think I could have done a better job of converting them. I've looked at the wmvs and xmvs side by side and they're the same quality, but the avis are much crisper. I've got all the avis still so I'll try and redo them to wmv. Vistas being a pain tho... I keep getting errors when using nes's batch file converter.

#7 Monkeys69

Monkeys69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE(RedCapsMan @ Jan 8 2010, 12:56 AM) View Post

Vistas being a pain tho... I keep getting errors when using nes's batch file converter.

You should always keep a copy of XP running in a Virtual Machine for these sorts of tasks.

No matter what OS I'm using, Linux, OSX, Vista or 7. XP is my work goat, or something....

#8 tristanx

tristanx

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE(pkbunghole @ Jan 7 2010, 11:56 AM) View Post

640x480 .avi - i think it is the same collection that people have payed for before.

there's got to be a torrent for this?

Edited by tristanx, 12 January 2010 - 05:47 AM.

#9 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE(tristanx @ Jan 12 2010, 05:46 AM) View Post

there's got to be a torrent for this?

yeah, but most of the stuff is on private trackers and they require invites.. and in some cases the sites are closed to registration all together.

#10 Keith1981

Keith1981

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE(pkbunghole @ Jan 7 2010, 08:56 PM) View Post

Well, if your using FireFox there is a plugin called DownThemAll
Can download all the vids at once....

But dont you need to convert them from .avi to something to play on the Xbox?

#11 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

You need to convert them from AVI to WMV and then from WMV to XMV.

I forgot I actually have a very large number of High Quality videos for the arcades. I just have to sort out what I have and what I still need.

I also want to collect any artwork or other things that could be of use in the emulators.

Since I haven't looked at a new Arcade emulator since BP's "Arcades" I was hoping somebody could give me a quick breakdown of what can be used with each emulator so I'll know how much work I have ahead of me with these.

Thanks,
~Rx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users