• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 duoX2needhelp

duoX2needhelp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:45 PM

I've had the X2 in my box for about 2 years and had an extra HyperX chip so I told a friend I'd flash the HyperrX and give it to him. I couldn't get it to boot so figured it was messed up from before and thats why I got the DuoX2 in the first place.

After all that, I put my Duo X2 on the M.B. backwards! now it won't boot.
The duo light flashes (power to it) then xbox FRAG.
Without it installed it will start to boot, but justthen error 5 (HDD not locked)

If the Duo got put on backwards (and it did) would that fry the chip totally or just erase the bios or any other ideas? Don't want to buy a new one if that isn't needed/stil won't fix anything.

Also, I have a 1.6b with rebuild under LPC that I did not touch

thanks!

sorry, holding baby... title should be M.B. (mother board)

Edited by duoX2needhelp, 07 January 2010 - 06:51 PM.

#2 duoX2needhelp

duoX2needhelp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:34 AM

I also forgot to so that my LPC rebuild from original build did not go well on port 9 (the 3.3V) so I hard wired that to the chip itself from another point on the board, so when it was installed bakwards, that 3.3V went to port 4 on the LPC... don't know if that helps anyone figure out this problem.

If someone has done this type of thing let me know what I need to do (buy a new chip or place on Mother Board that may have taken a hit from that)

again, it will boot to error 5 (no HardDrive) so not sure if that is any help in this or not.

Thanks

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:33 PM

If the box boots to error 5 without the chip then it would seem your box may be ok. Inserting the chip the wrong way round and miswiring it has almost certainly fried the Duo. You need a new chip

#4 duoX2needhelp

duoX2needhelp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

Thanks chance, I tested all the ports on LPC today and found 3,7,9 have no power to them (I knew that 9 didn't thats why I had the extra wire running to it on the chip) so I am going to take it apart now and check it all again with meter. It use to work just fine so didn't think much about the rebuild under it.

if it is "fried" can I reflash it once I get the new chip or is it trash? It does flash the light stil on the chip.

Thanks

Just checked joints and they are all good... does not having power on those pins (really just 3 and 7) make it not work? LFrame=3 and Lad3=7

Edited by duoX2needhelp, 09 January 2010 - 03:52 PM.

#5 duoX2needhelp

duoX2needhelp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hell, pin 3 isn't even needed to conect this chip so I am down to pin 7 that is not working. Is there another point that I can run a wire to for that?

or should that really not affect it and it is the chip that needs to be replaced?

#6 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:10 PM

The only thing you can do is trace back along the print from the LPC points and solder a link back to the nearest point. Remember some of the LPC points are through hole connections so are connected on top. You need all the points working on the LPC before condeming the chip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users