Alec

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

My GamerTag (not console) was banned a few months ago. I've been trying to think of a way to remove the Xbox Live information from it and then possibly sign up again under a new GamerTag, keeping the achievements.

So, I created a brand new offline GamerTag. I then took the Account info from it and pasted it over the Account info in my banned GamerTag. I re-hash, re-sign, and place it back in the same directory that my banned GamerTag was originally in.

It worked! The Xbox Live information from my banned GamerTag was replaced with the brand new GamerTag's offline information. However, when I attempt to sign up for a new Xbox Live account, it tells me that it isn't able to write to the storage device.

What's more is that if I play any games or get any additional achievements under this modified GamerTag, it won't update my gamerscore or my recently played games list. It's like the profile is "Read Only."

Any suggestions at all would be helpful. I think being able to get around a GamerTag ban would be very useful for the community at large. =)

P.S. Before I attempted creating an offline Profile for the Account info swap, I swapped with a working Xbox Live profile and was able to sign into Live just fine under my modified account. The only problem is being able to write to the profile once it's been modified.

Edit: I slapped my unmodified, banned GamerTag back on, disconnected my ethernet cable and signed in locally. I attempted to play a game to update my Recently Played list, but it wouldn't...so I'm assuming that the profile itself is just messed up, and it's not actually the Account info swap to blame. And I can't start over and recover my GamerTag because it's banned. =( I'm out of ideas.

Edited by Alec, 07 January 2010 - 08:31 PM.

#2 No_Name

No_Name

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:04 PM

You cant.. Its banned so you make a new one or live with it.

#3 Alec

Alec

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:21 AM

Got it working! I'm up and running under a different GamerTag, with all my achievements intact. =) Surprisingly, I was able to recover my banned GamerTag (just not able to sign in to Live).

1) Create brand new Xbox Live GamerTag. Don't play any games on it or anything!
2) Extract Account info from new GT.
3) Replace banned GamerTag's Account info with the new GT's. Re-hash, re-sign, put back on Xbox HDD.
4) Sign in under your new GT, which should be showing your achievements.
5) Wait until the Xbox servers update with your gamerscore.

Voila!

#4 craz3d

craz3d

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:16 AM

This is pretty cool and a great discovery if it is verified. Anyone with a banned gamertag want to try this out and verify it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users