• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Breakneckspeed

Breakneckspeed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:01 PM

thinking about buying an LED projector vs a lamp projector because I'm too poor to replace bulbs (theyre pretty expensive). I know the downside is that the lamp projectors are way brighter. I have a 42" in my room now but was thinking about getting a projector for like outdoor use (bringing friends over) and blasting games on my garage door.

I assume the lamp projectors don't really give that great of an image during the day anyways, so i was thinking about going LED. From what i've seen so far, theyre supposed to project decent images. The one's i'm looking at in particular are the aaxa m1 and the dell m109s (micro projectors that are between 55-66 lumens). I figure theyre small and solid enough to be easily brought along.

Thoughts? Should I just go lamp for my use?

#2 sahara

sahara

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:04 PM

We are Luxcine Electronics, LED Projector manufacturer from China, LED lamp with Single LCD Technology. Some basic information of our products:

- Brightest LED projector in the world now
- 20,000 hours lamp life (announced by CREE. U.S.A)
- More than 85% uniformity
- 28 dB, absolutely low noise
- HDMI,
- USB, SD card reader
- DVD player
- Digital TV tuner
- MUSIC2FM function
- Instant On& Off
- Certificate: CCC, CE, RoHS

Apartment Reviews

#3 welly_59

welly_59

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:35 PM

nowhere near bright enough. my hd65 is 1100 lumens and i need total darkness in the room to asvoid getting a washed out picture.

If you want to use a projector outside then you will need at least 6000lumens.

#4 lXtreeml

lXtreeml

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:28 AM

my 2000 lumen projector still can get a little washed when the room light is on. your gonna need alot brighter than that

#5 wcgbmd

wcgbmd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

I'll give you a quick scientific spin on things, a normal 100w lightbulb is around 2000 lumens,
if you have a lightbulb around 100w(75w-150w) then follow these steps, if you don't then get one:

1. Take a piece of computer paper, make sure its thin and you can see mostly through it when looking at it against a light bulb.
2. draw and fully color a large square on the paper, make sure its at least half the size of the paper.
3. turn of every light except for the 100w light and put the piece of paper over the lightbulb.
4. if you can see through the square then the light is bright enough and you should go with that lumen of a light bulb, like a 2000 lumen one. If its not, then keep testing higher lumen lights until you find one.

Trust me, it works. You won't be happy unless you do this.

#6 Raptor22

Raptor22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

There's some real confusion on this thread smile.gif

Ok #1 - that Luxcine product is total garbage, go pedal your garbage somewhere else.

#2 Day time or Lights on with projectors - Just forget about it. I have a $3000 Sony Bravia 1080P (1500 lumens) hooked up to my Xbox. That projector KICKS ASS with the lights off (people prefer to come to my house for movies than the theater) and looks like complete shit with the lights on. If you want to play games with lights on get an LED TV.

#3 Washed out picture - this is not always because of brightness, this is usually because of lamp / imager quality. Lumens is only part of the equation.

#4 LEDs - LEDs, especially RGB LEDs do a great job of creating a better picture. If you want a low budget system that works you need at least XGA resolution. Try the AAXA M2 or the LG HX350. The M2 is a lot cheaper:

http://www.aaxatech....o_projector.htm

Here's a video of someone playing COD with AAXA M2. Yes, the lights need to be off but it looks decent. Only downside is the 4:3 scaling.

Edited by Raptor22, 18 February 2011 - 09:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users