set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

How would i set up/install evox as my dashboard instead of unleash x on a softmoded xbox? i put a larger HD in as well, it all works except i cant go to msdash(dont need to anymore) and the unleashed dash is crap.

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

It all depends on how the soft mod was installed. You need to FTP into the Xbox and look for a dash or dashboard folder. It is usually on the E drive. In there you will find default.xbe. You would rename that file UnleashX.xbe and FTP Evox.ini to that folder and Evox.xbe to that folder and rename Evox.xbe to default.xbe.

All of this needs to be done at the same time. If you rename default.xbe to unleashX.xbe and turn off the Xbox or lose power your soft mod won't boot.

You may want to try XBMC as a dash instead of Evox. You can set your games, videos and music up without editing the Evox.ini file. Plus you can play all of these without another program.

#3 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:16 PM

I think i used the bert and earnie thingy lol, anyways how would i go about setting up XBMC as my dash?

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:01 AM

Same thing, locate your dash.

Put XBMC in the E:\Apps folder. You should have E:\Apps\Xbmc with default.xbe in there.

Using the shortcuts in the _tools folder I believe of XBMC on the PC you rename the default.xbe in the dash to unleashx.xbe. You then FTP shortcut......xbe to the dash folder and rename it default.xbe. You do the same with shortcut.......cfg, renaming it default.cfg.

When you reboot you should have XBMC as the dash.

#5 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

Ok im going to have to burn the files needed to a disc and use boxploroer to do this cause i can't seem to get my comp to connect to anything with the network cable right now, it keeps flashing saying it finds it then it dissapears then it finds it and so on, comp is crap >:(

So i just need to change the name of xboxdashboard.xbe to somthing else and then put xboxdash from xbmc in the c drive and move the xbmc folder into the c drive or leave it in the f drive? and what ini file would i need to modify?

#6 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

DON'T CHANGE Xboxdashboard.xbe. It is probably the MS Dash.

List the files and folders on the Xbox C and E drive.

#7 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:42 PM

Ok first let me quickly explain why the c drive is going to be a mess, it was a softmodded xbox i modded for my son like 5 years ago using the bert and earnie font hack, anyways its been a long time since i have even touched an xbox 1,i been modding 360's now, anyways i well trying tup do the component video out mod and the coaxial digital out i had to enable it in the MSDASH but it would always give me the error 21 so i tried installing slayers disc with evox as dash and then rebooted and i got the error 13, so i formatted the drive (had the eprom and hd key backed to my pc but nothing from the c drive or e drive, so what i did was used xboxhdm_v1.9 to make a new hard drive in in the c drive i tossed this random folders and they worked.

AUDIO
F0nts ( i renamed this one with a zero )
fonts ( this one contains bert and earnie )
Xboxdashdata.1012a700
xodash
MSxboxdash.xbe
xboxdash.xbe

The dash doesnt even work well, if you try to load anything off the dash or off a disc from the dash it loads the unleashx loading screen and freezes there, so could you give me a break down of what files i would need to move where and which ones i would need to edit on my pc and burn to a disc ( i actually instead take an xbox 1 game as an iso and rip it open and sneak a folder into the data with the files i want over and then compile and burn and tada!! anyways thanks for all the help, if i need to give you any more info let me know

#8 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:55 PM

What would probably be best for you is to get Frosty's Rescue Disk or CASH Ver1.1 and use it to update the soft mod to Krazie's Ndure 1.1.1. When you do that you can select XBMC as the dash.

#9 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

I just burned frostys rescue disc a few days ago, so how would i use that to re do the softmod? is it as easy as just clicking a button or will i have to go through a bunch of moving and copying and jumping up and down? lol

#10 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:34 PM

Ok i went on mirc and couldnt find Krazie's Ndure 1.1.1 would you be able to tell me if it might be named something else? or what folder it would be in?

#11 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

XBOX/Console Based Applications/exploits/_Packages/ smile.gif

#12 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:52 PM

Thanks! smile.gif that was were it was hiding lol, which one should i use?

Edit

Im grabbing this one Krayzie_SC-NTSC_Ndure_Installer_v1.1

Edited by set@rcos, 09 January 2010 - 11:53 PM.

#13 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:57 PM

Since you have Frosty's you don't need Krazie's. I have never used Frosty's but I am sure it is simple. You would choose from the main menu to redo the soft mod to probably Krazie's or Ndure whatever the option. That should rebuild the HD with a complete new soft mod installed. I know CASH Ver 1.1 leaves the F drive alone. If there is anything on there you can't replace I would back it up to the PC first.

#14 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:06 AM

Frostys doesnt have any options to redoing softmods as far as i can tell, just unlock and lock hard drive, and file managers, thats about it., im burning krazies piggy backing it in the files of rollar coaster tycoon and will let ya know how it goes smile.gif

#15 set@rcos

set@rcos

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:20 AM

Well i got it to load but quickly found out that the file i got is missinf dashboards and any of the other apps its supposed to install when asked sad.gif so i guess i need to add the dashboards and such, i never found anything in there about softmodding it either, maybe im not looking in the right place?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users