Photo

Problems With Making A Backup With Ftp - Data Gone!?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 devilhat

devilhat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:51 AM

Hi all,
I was backing up my Xbox (XEcutor 2 chipped, XBMC August 28 2006 build - I was doing a backup before updating smile.gif) harddrive with FileZilla this morning. FileZilla crashed halfway through the transfer, so I restarted it and begun the transfer of drive F: again. Judging by the logs, I tried to transfer the half-copied backup back to the F:/Games folder (creating something like "/F/Games/F/Games/<etc>"

Anyway, when I noticed what I'd done, I stopped the transfer and tried to delete the /F/Games/F directory.

After lots of "Response: 550 Permission denied - Deleting in XBOX Root not allowed." errors, I discovered that /F/Games was empty (both in the Xbox and FileZilla). Despite this, there was no more space reported free on /F/ than there had been before I started.

I shut down the Xbox in the usual XBMC way and restarted it. Now pretty much the whole of /F/ is gone, but FileZilla is reporting no space free.

So: can anyone shed any light on where my /F/ drive data or free space has gone? And can I get any of it back, or is it new hard drive time?
(And yet again, I vow not to do file management tasks at the *end* of an all-nighter. smile.gif )

#2 chocolatecheese

chocolatecheese

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:38 AM

How large is the harddrive?

#3 bearcreek

bearcreek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

I would try UnleashX and FlashFXP. FileZilla is clunky compared to FlashFXP and UnleashX may show what files you have left, if any (goto file explorer). All information you need to know is on the dash of UnleashX. Why are you trying to delete files through FileZilla, it is much faster to delete them from the xbox.

#4 chocolatecheese

chocolatecheese

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

Depending on the size of the F: partition, it might also be formatted wrong which will cause data corruption.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users