Photo

How To Swap 320gb Hdd From Softmodded Console To Duox Console?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 johnnyrichter

johnnyrichter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:41 PM

Pretty soon I'll be getting a v1.6 DuoX console with no HDD, and I'll need to transfer my 320GB HDD over to it from my previous v1.6 softmodded console, used the ndure 3.1 + xboxhdm method for that one. Currently has XBMC as the main dash and UnleashX as a secondary both on the E: partition in their respective directories.

What is the best/easiest way to install the HDD on to the new hardmodded console? All I really want to save on that HDD is everything I have have backed up on the F: partition...games, music, movies, etc. Everything else on this HDD can be wiped(the softmod, the dashboards, etc). I'll also want XBMC back on it as the main boot-up dash...and possibly UnleashX as a secondary dash that I can boot in to in order to FTP and update XBMC. I'm guessing I'll have to back up the F: partition to my PC before pulling the HDD out of my current console, but beyond that I have no idea what I'll need to do.

Also, is there a Team Omega website or something with a more thorough collection of info and walkthroughs for the DuoX-modded consoles? I know next to nothing about hardmodding, the mod itself will be done already but I don't know how to use it, don't know anything about the different BIOS's and what they do, don't know how to flash new BIOS's to the chip, etc.

Is there an IGR option with this DuoX hardmod? Currently I can hit back + black + R trig + L trig to reset the console while in-game, which is a very nifty option to have when I want to stop playing a game and do something else.

#2 duoX2needhelp

duoX2needhelp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:48 PM

are you going to put that HDD in the new one or just transfer the data?

is your hDD locked now?

there is a IGR of both triggers and 2 buttons on controller all at same time

#3 johnnyrichter

johnnyrichter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(duoX2needhelp @ Jan 9 2010, 01:48 PM) View Post

are you going to put that HDD in the new one or just transfer the data?

is your hDD locked now?

there is a IGR of both triggers and 2 buttons on controller all at same time

I'm removing the 320GB from my softmodded console and putting it in the hardmodded console. It is locked to my console. I am currently backing the F: partition up to my pc via FTP...will probably take a few hours, haha.

#4 johnnyrichter

johnnyrichter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

Ok, this backup of F: has been going for like 2 hours and still isn't a 1/4 of the way complete...

This backup is going to take at least 6-8 more hours, then I'll have to do it all over again to put it back on the HDD...please tell me that I can leave the F: partition on the HDD during this swap from one console to the other so I can cancel this ridiculous transfer. sad.gif

#5 duoX2needhelp

duoX2needhelp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

all you have to do is download something like Auto-Installer-Delux can be found on #xbins

boot that CD on your current box and select unlock HDD

turn off XBOX

You can now take the hard drive out and put it in your new xbox and it will work with the mod chip .

I have always kepy my HDD unlocked 250 gigs of which less than 40 are free now

#6 johnnyrichter

johnnyrichter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:47 PM

So this can be done without wiping/formatting the drive, right? If so, how do I know what I can safely delete from the HDD? I'm talking about all the softmod stuff that won't be needed anymore. Would like to rid of all that crap to free up as much space as possible, 320GB was a lot at first but it's going quickly.

I will want to have XBMC installed as the main bootup dash, so I'll need to know how to do this. I backed up my current XBMC directory so that way I don't have to redo all my settings and sources and such. Will also need to know how to install a second dash that I can use when I need to update XBMC, and how I boot in to that dash. The only other dash I've used was UnleashX, kinda curious to know if there's any other cool dashes out there I could use...it won't be my main, only used during an XBMC update, but I'd still like it to be nice.

What BIOS's come with the DuoX2, what other BIOS's are out there and where do I get them from, which BIOS's are worth having, which BIOS goes in which bank and which bank will I be using regularly, what's the point of the two banks, could the bank switch be removed from the modchip and mounted to the case for external access? Sorry for all the questions, but like I said I know nothing about hardmodding or using a hardmodded console. Would feel a lot more comfortable knowing this stuff. wink.gif

EDIT: The DVD-ROM in my current softmodded console is not reading discs, so is there another way to unlock this HDD to get it installed in the hardmodded console?

Edited by johnnyrichter, 09 January 2010 - 11:46 PM.

#7 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

If your Xbox is running fine why do you want to change it? It seems like you are going through a lot of steps to have the same set up running.

Just saying, if it were me I would leave it alone and get another drive for the chipped Xbox.

#8 johnnyrichter

johnnyrichter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:04 AM

My 1.6 softmodded xbox has a DOA DVD-ROM, plus I was wanting the port lighting + activity lights + hardmod + clear case. Came across a guy with a halo console with that lighting and the duoX modchip, with no hdd. Trading him my console(bad dvd-rom, oem 8gb softmodded hdd) plus cash for his...instead of having to buy a new case, the lights + resistors, the mod kit, a new dvd-rom, and do it all myself.

#9 duoX2needhelp

duoX2needhelp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:20 AM

when you get the new Xbox, swap the DVD drive then use the A.I.D. disk to unlock it... switch DVD drive back and then trade. You will need to do the same to the 8GB HD too... just unlock it first... the only way to unlock is when it is in the original Xbox it came from as far as I know.

#10 johnnyrichter

johnnyrichter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE(duoX2needhelp @ Jan 9 2010, 06:20 PM) View Post

when you get the new Xbox, swap the DVD drive then use the A.I.D. disk to unlock it... switch DVD drive back and then trade. You will need to do the same to the 8GB HD too... just unlock it first... the only way to unlock is when it is in the original Xbox it came from as far as I know.

The 8GB softmodded HDD I'm giving him with my console, was the original from that console and was softmodded on that console...so it won't need to be locked/unlocked, should swap right back in there.

Edited by johnnyrichter, 10 January 2010 - 01:22 AM.

#11 johnnyrichter

johnnyrichter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

Ok, received my new console today...a Halo edition v1.6 with DuoX2. I removed the 8GB OEM HDD from it and isntalled my unlocked/softmodded 320GB HDD.

I'm booted in to Slayers 2.7, but I can't seem to get FTP to work. I need FTP to work so I can back up a folder I forgot to backup earlier, before I format/rebuild this drive, then FTP it again in Slayer's to transfer over XBMC and everything else so I can use this console.

Anyways, my question is...why isn't FTP working for me? Can't do anything else until FTP is working again, ugh.

#12 johnnyrichter

johnnyrichter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:17 AM

Got FTP to work, just trying to find where all my xbox gamesaves are so I can back them up.

Anyways, I'm confused about something. After I format/rebuild the 320GB HDD on the new DuoX2 console with Slayers 2.7, what do I do next? Where do I put my XBMC folder? Where do I put all my media folders(/music, /music videos, /movies, etc) that I had on F:/ on my softmodded console?

#13 johnnyrichter

johnnyrichter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:41 AM

Figured it out. New console is up and running fine.

Gamesaves were in E:/UDATA/ and E:/TDATA/.

The slow FTP transfers when booted up in slayer were caused by passive mode(PASV) being enabled on FlashFXP. The fix was clicking "toggle" on the quick-connect screen, and turning off passive mode.

It was also worth noting that when booted up in Slayers, the fan was running very slow and caused my CPU and GPU to reach over 140F if Slayers was reporting temps correctly...the air coming out the back of the console felt hot, so I'm sure those numbers were fairly accurate. This problem could be fatal to your console if you're in a warmer climate with warmer ambient temps than mine which were around 70-75F in my room. Nothing in the .INI for Slayers could be edited to adjust fanspeed, something that definitely should have been put in there.

#14 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

Its been a while, but from memory, you won't get correct temp readings from a v1.6 xbox.
Maybe someone can confirm/correct me?

Also, Slayer's will do all the installing for you. With an upgraded HDD, just have it install apps on F:.

Edited by justtaint, 20 January 2010 - 09:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users