18 replies to this topic

#16 Rhino61466

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:54 PM

For me all my e74 problems have been the GPU. I know this by trial and error and experimenting with my own board. When I reflow the gpu and not touch the Hana it will work for about six months with stock cooling. I believe e74 is an off shoot of the GPU over heating not high enough to trigger the two red lights but hot enough to compromise the solder joints.

#17 soryu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

The cause of 3 red rings and E74 errors are GPU degradation (like nVidia problems with GeForce 7-8 series). CPU and memory do die quite seldom on these game consoles. You won't find any really new unused GPU for the X360, don't bother and don't waste your money. If you are still up to it, just check any ("new", "tested" or "with balls") IC you bought from eBay with microscope.
The best you can do is to reball GPU. They usually stay 4-8 months after what i see by repairing over a couple of hundred systems.

Edited by soryu, 10 March 2011 - 12:54 PM.

#18 umpa2011

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

I fixed all mine by using a IRDA T-862++ with a Main board Jig. I reflowed the the ANA and GPU. Using old blown xbox units I bought cheap off eBay I developed my re-flow profile.

Thus far they seem OK but its early days. From my limited experience on fixing these things I have come to the conclusion is that paint stripping guns & X-clamp mods seem to do more damage than good, and nearly always fail quickly and make a more stable repair much harder in the future.

Now I'm not saying that in the correct hands that these procedures don't work - but as a rule of thumb they are done by amateurs as a last resort (like my self) and usually end up de-laminating (pop corning) the chip or board.

After using the T-862++ I think I am right is saying the T-862 with its smaller pre-heat tray would also work for re-flow but I went with the T-862++ just to be sure.

I think the main factor here is the jig, it really is an essential piece of kit regardless of the method of re-heat you use.

#19 sharer

X-S Young Member

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:32 PM

hello ,friends,

i have the same problem with my consoles. and who can help me? thanks !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users