killer skittle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:30 AM

heres my problem i left a wire on my mobo right underneath the dvd drive when powering on, i heard some crackling sounds (damn) and now when i push the eject button or press it from the dashboard the light flashes and acts like it was working fine! I literally bought it, new arcade system, 4 days ago and it is JTAGABLE and want to know if it is fixable cause i dont wanna return it, cause im going to jtag it lol
Thanks,
Nick

#2 Masterchafed

Masterchafed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:54 AM

Try to open the drive manually. If it is a hitach take some small metal thing (like a flat head screwdriver) and under the left side of the dvd tray there is a small opening with a white cog. Try to push on that and it will open your drive. On samsung drives and liteons I think i remember someone saying it was on the right under the drive. Then when it is open see if you can't press the eject button to close it. If it closes it should be fine, you might actually have a stuck tray in which case you can realign it fairly easily. Other than that I don't know.

#3 Choochoo

Choochoo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE(Masterchafed @ Jan 12 2010, 07:54 AM) View Post

Try to open the drive manually. If it is a hitach take some small metal thing (like a flat head screwdriver) and under the left side of the dvd tray there is a small opening with a white cog. Try to push on that and it will open your drive. On samsung drives and liteons I think i remember someone saying it was on the right under the drive. Then when it is open see if you can't press the eject button to close it. If it closes it should be fine, you might actually have a stuck tray in which case you can realign it fairly easily. Other than that I don't know.

you don't even need a dvd rom drive for a jtag? just a hard drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users