1 reply to this topic

#1 MrBungle

MrBungle

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:16 AM

My setup is windows XP, my main HDD is sata, and I have a DVD drive and secondary IDE HDD. I'm also using a VIA card as my motherboard sata isn't compatible.

I usually download programs etc onto the secondary drive and use it as storage basically. If I run jungleflasher off it, I get the .net framework error and the message that jungleflasher failed to initialise. Then the IDE HDD disappears from view on my PC. I have to reboot to see it again.

If I drag jungleflasher onto my main sata HDD, it seems to start up ok as I get no error messages, but in fact it has still crashed (or seems to have) and the secondary HDD once again vanishes.

I have unstalled .net framework and reinstalled it but that doesn't seem to have fixed it. Anyone an idea what might be going on for the drive to seemingly crash and vanish off my pc? Thanks.

#2 Sultans360

Sultans360

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:10 PM

Your second drive is classed as a backup or storage drive, jf has to run from the operating system drive thats where the net framework files are, try uninstalling 3.5 then install v2 with all the updates then install 3.5 with all updates, i have some older progs that just wont run unless v2 is on, you will also need to clear jf reg entries which point it to the other drive,one warning messing with your registry can cripple your system and if you do it wrong you may need to reinstall your operating system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users