Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:44 AM

I think someone should port this, if its the source of the UFO I'm thinking of.

http://sourceforge.n...ts/ufoai/files/

#2 moonmaster1

moonmaster1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

It looks alright. I second this then, xbox needs more strategy games. pop.gif

#3 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:09 PM

I've read about this before. It's not exactly X-COM, but it's heavily influenced by it.

http://en.wikipedia...._Alien_Invasion

Sure, I'd love to see it too. I just wish we had more programming talent around here. laugh.gif

#4 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:26 AM

Yeah, it seems pretty cool.

Res do you know any C++ or your not really into that?

#5 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:07 PM

Nothing I could really do anything with.

I know a bit about coding from some overview stuff I did in junior college about a decade ago, but that's it. I know just about enough to not be completely lost when madmab is talking to me, which really does help, but it's not enough to actually port anything.

It's funny what I can and can't find the patience to do. laugh.gif

#6 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 14 2010, 06:07 PM) View Post

Nothing I could really do anything with.

I know a bit about coding from some overview stuff I did in junior college about a decade ago, but that's it. I know just about enough to not be completely lost when madmab is talking to me, which really does help, but it's not enough to actually port anything.

It's funny what I can and can't find the patience to do. laugh.gif

Res: "I don't have time to learn C++, I have to sort through 10, 000 Nes screen shots and remove the water marks!!!!!!!"

rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

#7 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:14 AM

LOL.... yeah.

It's patience though, not time. I have all the time in the world... I don't like thinking too hard about things though.

All-in-all my Xtras work has been largely an exercise in mindless indulgence. uhh.gif

#8 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 15 2010, 04:14 AM) View Post

LOL.... yeah.

It's patience though, not time. I have all the time in the world... I don't like thinking too hard about things though.

All-in-all my Xtras work has been largely an exercise in mindless indulgence. uhh.gif

Yeah, I am trying to teach myself C++ now, while going to school for Visual Basic (at the moment) and the one thing that frustrates me is that 90% of people who know C++ well, don't want to help me with problems I run into. They just site that I, "can't learn it over night" and they have "degrees" and then pretty much never answer my questions. I'm not trying to learn it over night, and I have countless C++ books that I go over for at least a few hours a day... its just sometimes books don't tell it all and you need someones input.. but nobody really wants to help. It makes me really frustrated when people here on Xbox-Scene just ignore my PM's because the whole reason I am trying to learn C++ is to contribute to the scene and they just don't care I guess.

I just hope that those people had more helpful peers when they were learning huh.gif

#9 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:20 AM

Yeah.... There wasn't much help for me when I had questions with trying to do some things with MAME, although there were a few people who would take the time to explain things. At least you're trying to learn C though. I couldn't be bothered with it. I wanted to be a programmer one day back in my teens, until I figured out it definitely wasn't for me. I don't mind fiddling around with that stuff a bit for a hobby, but I couldn't do it for a living.

My attention span is far too short.

Leave me to my Xtras where 95% of it I can do on my own without asking how to do something and I can jump from one part to another whenever I get bored of it. No deadlines. No money. Nobody telling me what to do and when it needs to be done by.

#10 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:23 AM

yeah, I'm not sure if I can do it for a living either. I will probably find out soon lol... Im 22 now though, so I need to pick something and run with it pretty soon.

#11 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:17 AM

Meh....

I'm 30 and just got laid off after five years of coasting. I don't have anymore a clue what I want to do with my life now than I did when I was 22. I'm thinking of joining the peace corps after I get this project done, assuming they don't make me drop. Who knows?

Just make sure that if you're going to college that you actually learn something that a billion other people couldn't do and that it's something that can actually translate into real dollars someday. I hate seeing all these kids becoming indebted for life from the college scam and they have a hard time even getting a job delivering pizza after they graduate because they learned skills that companies stateside are paying Asians 3k a year to do.

Pay off all your debts and do your best to live well within your means when the money is coming in and you'll have plenty of free time to figure out what it is you really want to do.

#12 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 15 2010, 08:17 AM) View Post

Meh....

I'm 30 and just got laid off after five years of coasting. I don't have anymore a clue what I want to do with my life now than I did when I was 22. I'm thinking of joining the peace corps after I get this project done, assuming they don't make me drop. Who knows?

Just make sure that if you're going to college that you actually learn something that a billion other people couldn't do and that it's something that can actually translate into real dollars someday. I hate seeing all these kids becoming indebted for life from the college scam and they have a hard time even getting a job delivering pizza after they graduate because they learned skills that companies stateside are paying Asians 3k a year to do.

Pay off all your debts and do your best to live well within your means when the money is coming in and you'll have plenty of free time to figure out what it is you really want to do.

Yeah, thats why I'm going to community college, its affordable at only 75$ a credit hour... so if I do change my mind i'm not out $70, 000 or something crazy lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users