15 replies to this topic

#1 djricekcn

djricekcn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

I can't really find info in regards of this except hearing a maybe; do I need to hddhackr tool to upgrade to a bigger sata HDD or can I just replace it and xbr/freeboot will take care of the rest? If yes, can I use any HDD for brand and size or are they still limited to the specific Western Digitial HDDs?

thanks

#2 ian_hard

ian_hard

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

yes you can use any hdd either using a 2.5 inch in the hdd caddy on the side or using usb or you can make a sata port to add a 3.5 to the internal sata

#3 ge2kas

ge2kas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:00 PM

Same question here, i have 160gb sata hdd but i want replace my original 20gb hdd. i donw want to use external hdd. So does it work on xbreboot?

#4 Looouky

Looouky

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:05 PM

Yes.

#5 djricekcn

djricekcn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

thanks for the reply guys, I just want one more information since I didn't really get it; do I need to do all that file swapping thing to get the HDD to work or can I just open up the hdd box ==> slap it in the case ==> xbox360 and it works? meaning, I don't need a PC to do the hdd decrypting work?

#6 ge2kas

ge2kas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:19 PM

shoud i use hhdhackr or what?maybe there is somokind of tutorial?

#7 Guy Montag

Guy Montag

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

I upgraded my stock 20gb hard drive with a 320gb. What I did was use XexLoader to transfer the folders off my original drive to an external usb drive. Then I put in the new drive and formated it using the NXE dashboard. Then I copied the backed up folders on the external drive onto the new larger 320gb. All worked well. I tried hooking up the 320gb up to my computer and using xplorer360 to clone the original hd but it was a pain in the butt and i couldn't get it to work so i did it the other way.

#8 TingedAce

TingedAce

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE(Guy Montag @ Jan 13 2010, 08:06 PM) View Post

I upgraded my stock 20gb hard drive with a 320gb. What I did was use XexLoader to transfer the folders off my original drive to an external usb drive. Then I put in the new drive and formated it using the NXE dashboard. Then I copied the backed up folders on the external drive onto the new larger 320gb. All worked well. I tried hooking up the 320gb up to my computer and using xplorer360 to clone the original hd but it was a pain in the butt and i couldn't get it to work so i did it the other way.

Cool - I might have to do this too. Do you find loading times faster with your 320GB drive?
I saw a post in another thread semi-joking saying "what load times?"
Is it quite a bit faster?

#9 djricekcn

djricekcn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

if you're comparing it from a DVD, then yes, it's quicker but it depends on the game. Some games you can't notice the difference. I wonder if I can move XBLA games using XeX or must I do that partition 3 thing?

Edited by djricekcn, 16 January 2010 - 12:53 AM.

#10 Guy Montag

Guy Montag

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:27 AM

I run XBLA games off of the 320gb I replaced the stock 20gb drive with. I run regular 360 games off of the 1TB external drive and yes I definitely see better load times now. Not to mention it's awesome to be able to swap out games without getting up and looking for the dumb discs. Oh, and it's much quiter without the dvd-drive running too. The bonuses just keep piling up biggrin.gif

#11 neil321

neil321

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

Do you use an xbox data transfer cable to transfer between PC and xbox HDD, what are they like to use, can you delete as well as added with them.

#12 Guy Montag

Guy Montag

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:12 PM

I just transfer everything I need onto the external USB hard drive via PC and then onto the xbox using XexLoader. No special software needed. Since the external drive is formatted with Fat32 both the xbox and my pc recognize it with no problem.

#13 neil321

neil321

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:57 PM

Was hoping to use my laptop which is vista which does'nt support fat32. Then just relized the data cable will be no good, so will have to use my desktop for future xbox stuff.

So if you use xexloader it transfers it into the right folder etc on the internal hdd.

#14 ste030

ste030

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:05 AM

how do you put xbox games on your external fat32 harddrive because it has a 4gb transfer limit ....

cheers
ste

#15 ennova

ennova

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:41 AM

how do you put xbox games on your external fat32 harddrive because it has a 4gb transfer limit ....

cheers
ste

The games are extracted out of an iso into many files in order for XBReboot to boot the default.xex file. So no file will be over 4GB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users