X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Getting tea-bagged and gang banged
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:20 PM

something i found which is based directly off of the knoppix/dsl build: http://luitlinux.sarovar.org/

it uses the ROX desktop env. as one of its managers, with the hefty weight of KDE/GNOME, i started thinking instead that ROX would be a good alternative, and so i found this online. i noticed ROX in the woody depos, but couldnt figure it out yet. this might be interesting. if its based off of DSL< it could be very simple to port it to the box.

investigation pending.

#2 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

that looks interesting. It reminds me of OSX a little. Hopefully you can figure it out!!!

#3 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:rebuilding broken xboxes
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:08 AM

By the looks of the pics I have had that desktop installed on dsl. That is exactly what the kde desktop looks like. I don't remember how I did it but I was not real fond of it. I did not like the menu running along the bottom and expanding upwards. I don't think the right click menu was very good either.

You might want to try going into your runlevel menu and changing what desktop is set to run on start up. I think this is /etc/inittab "I could be wrong"

Edited by run088, 14 January 2010 - 02:36 AM.

#4 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(run088 @ Jan 14 2010, 02:08 AM) View Post

By the looks of the pics I have had that desktop installed on dsl. That is exactly what the kde desktop looks like. I don't remember how I did it but I was not real fond of it. I did not like the menu running along the bottom and expanding upwards. I don't think the right click menu was very good either.
You might want to try going into your runlevel menu and changing what desktop is set to run on start up. I think this is /etc/inittab "I could be wrong"

I kind of like the set up.. It is less Windows-y haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users