Photo

Xbox-scene.com Logo Redirects To Ps3scene?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guy Montag

Guy Montag

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

Anyone else have this issue? When you click on the xbox-scene logo on the home page it opens a new window to ps3scene.

#2 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

That is the intent of that banner. As you can see on the right side of the banner it says that it will redirect you there. This has also been discussed here before.

#3 Guy Montag

Guy Montag

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

I did not know that. I use it to launch the site in a different window all of the time. That's kind of annoying. Thanks for your help.

#4 wolrahnaes

wolrahnaes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

Yea, the linking on that is very illogical. On almost every site out there, clicking on the site's own logo brings you back to the homepage. That is what this should do, not redirect users to a basically pointless site that has all but no news.

I mean really, updates over there are apparently done every few months and it doesn't even have a note about geohot's work on exploiting the things. It's a dead site that serves only to annoy users who click the header expecting to go back to the main news page. Either update the site more regularly and fix the link to be an imagemap so only the parts that should go to PS3scene do or just kill the site. Either way, stop linking wrong.

#5 wolrahnaes

wolrahnaes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

For those who get annoyed by this, I've thrown together a quick Greasemonkey script which fixes the header so it links back to the homepage like 99.9% of the rest of the internet.

http://userscripts.o...ipts/show/80407

It should be compatible with the various Greasemonkey analogs for non-Firefox browsers, but I haven't tested.

#6 HeenHill

HeenHill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

It is to make you click on it by accident so they get ad views and revenue on PS3 Scene. A really dirty trick, and they won't get rid of it because they make money.

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(HeenHill @ Nov 6 2010, 07:01 PM) View Post
It is to make you click on it by accident so they get ad views and revenue on PS3 Scene. A really dirty trick, and they won't get rid of it because they make money.

Its nothing to do with tricking people.
Oh and newsflash for you...How the hell do you think the site is going to keep running with no Ad revenue??

#8 HeenHill

HeenHill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Nov 7 2010, 02:18 PM) View Post

Its nothing to do with tricking people.
Oh and newsflash for you...How the hell do you think the site is going to keep running with no Ad revenue??

Have you considered actually updating PS3 Scene instead of tricking users into going there?

#9 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(HeenHill @ Nov 11 2010, 02:10 PM) View Post

Have you considered actually updating PS3 Scene instead of tricking users into going there?

Have you considered reading the thread 4 down? http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=720111

The second time you click it's not really a trick...

#10 HeenHill

HeenHill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Nov 12 2010, 07:46 AM) View Post

Have you considered reading the thread 4 down? http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=720111

The second time you click it's not really a trick...

Well aren't you guys skillful at dodging the issue. You also admitted that it is an intended trick.

The choice is very straightforward, either stop tricking users into going to a decrepit site for a minor boost in ad revenue by implementing a proper image map ( http://www.w3schools...AGS/tag_map.asp ) or close down the site entirely and focus on Xbox-Scene.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's just a dirty trick and it upsets me that you would do it. If you guys are understaffed, then bring aboard new people to help out.

#11 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE(HeenHill @ Nov 12 2010, 10:42 AM) View Post

The choice is very straightforward, either stop tricking users into going to a decrepit site for a minor boost in ad revenue by implementing a proper image map ( http://www.w3schools...AGS/tag_map.asp ) or close down the site entirely and focus on Xbox-Scene.

So as self appointed ruler of teh internets, you have decreed that X-S only has two options?

You have voiced your opinion, and it has been replied to. If you don't like it, don't click on it.

This thread has run its course.

#12 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

Just to add, and an easy solution to those who have an issue with this, clicking the "news" button directly underneath the main banner will take you to the xbox scene home page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users