LostBrazilian

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 June 2003 - 05:08 PM

I was thinking buying a new hard drive to replace in my xbox, but i have heard that the 7200 rpm comes very hot easily and stops.

Somebody here in the forum said it was good to adapt a cooler but i don't know nothing of eletronic.

I have found an external cooler to adapt in the site of the Xbox at Lik-Sang.

The question is:

1. Does it solves the overheating problme with 7200 rpm hdds?

2. How does it is installed ? Where do I plug it ? Will I have to open my xbox and make any modifications ?

Here is the External Cooler:

user posted image
http://www.lik-sang....oducts_id=1944

Whats your opinion about this cooler ?

Does Lik Sang shop for Brazilian consumers ? Do I have to get an International Credit Card do do it ? How many days it takes to arrive here ?

#2 Ub3rn3wb

Ub3rn3wb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 June 2003 - 05:34 PM

I don't know if it solves the cooling issue, but as far as installation I believe it just snaps on some how to the side (Probably attaches to the side grill). Then you just plug the power for that into the xbox and plug your normal xbox power cord into that.

If you're worried about if Lik-Sang will ship then why don't you go and check out Ebay? I've seen quite a few of those on there. Besides, I don't think I've heard of anything good from Lik-Sang.

#3 Whatup1049

Whatup1049

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 05:36 PM

Don't get that its a piece of shit I've heard how crappily they are made. Just put a 80mm fan in and one of those miniature ones under the hard-drive for more cooling.

#4 NFCTinken

NFCTinken

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 June 2003 - 06:29 PM

I agree with whatup, I have heard nothing but bad things about those coolers and their construction. If you are worried, get a small fan (~40mm low profile) and mount under the drive, or maybe even something on the back or the side of your xbox. I have a 7200rpm hard drive myself and dont see the reason to add additional cooling, but do what make you feel best. biggrin.gif

#5 Ben999_

Ben999_

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 June 2003 - 07:23 PM

please use the search function, this has been discussed numerous times already. Basically it is crap and there are better solutions such as upping the voltage on the stock fan (easiest), or installing an 80mm fan in place of the stock fan (requires cutting the HDD tray).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users