Photo

Falcon Xbr, Worked, Stopped Working. Power Button Dead.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Snigel

Snigel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

Short story, my box went from perfectly working with xbr to random errors over night.
The power button doesn't work, nor does the eject button or a wireless controller. I have to use a wired controller to boot it. Boot will lead to either initial setup of xbox, e79 or that the box power itself up and then shuts down. Sometimes it won't even detect the wired controller.

What I did:

Dumped 4 copies of the NAND over LPT with nandpro v2.0b
MD5 checked the copies, three were identical and had no errors in infectus tool.
Injected config and keyvault into XBR 3a for falcon.
Flashed the modified xbr, got e79, reflashed and the box was fine.

From here I tried out xexloader, gentoo and played games from USB. No problem. I shut the box down and left it for a couple of hours.
When I came back, it started itself for a couple of seconds, then shut itself down again and kept doing so. I janked the powercord, replugged. No change.

Since this happened I've done the following:
Looked at the solderings and have run the machine without the box so there wouldn't be any shorts.
I've reflashed it with the modified XBR image again.
Tried using a resistor instead of just a wire for the bridged points.
Tried reflashing it with my original image and removing all jtag wiring.
I've also changed the board that has the power button, still the power button won't work.

Edited by Snigel, 14 January 2010 - 10:36 PM.

#2 FrostyTheSnowman

FrostyTheSnowman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

Try injecting only the KV into XBR, not the config.

It sounds like your SMC is going haywire... XBR with KV only should fix it most likely. wink.gif

#3 Snigel

Snigel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Jan 15 2010, 10:43 PM) View Post

Try injecting only the KV into XBR, not the config.

It sounds like your SMC is going haywire... XBR with KV only should fix it most likely. wink.gif
What exactly is in the config? I tried exchanging the diodes, which got the machine working, but only for a while and then the same problems again.

I did a new thread better corresponding to my problems now that I know more. I think it's placed more correctly too.http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4616564

Edited by Snigel, 17 January 2010 - 11:12 AM.

#4 BLOODRED6366

BLOODRED6366

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE(Snigel @ Jan 15 2010, 10:35 AM) View Post

Short story, my box went from perfectly working with xbr to random errors over night.
The power button doesn't work, nor does the eject button or a wireless controller. I have to use a wired controller to boot it. Boot will lead to either initial setup of xbox, e79 or that the box power itself up and then shuts down. Sometimes it won't even detect the wired controller.
What I did:

Dumped 4 copies of the NAND over LPT with nandpro v2.0b
MD5 checked the copies, three were identical and had no errors in infectus tool.
Injected config and keyvault into XBR 3a for falcon.
Flashed the modified xbr, got e79, reflashed and the box was fine.

From here I tried out xexloader, gentoo and played games from USB. No problem. I shut the box down and left it for a couple of hours.
When I came back, it started itself for a couple of seconds, then shut itself down again and kept doing so. I janked the powercord, replugged. No change.

Since this happened I've done the following:
Looked at the solderings and have run the machine without the box so there wouldn't be any shorts.
I've reflashed it with the modified XBR image again.
Tried using a resistor instead of just a wire for the bridged points.
Tried reflashing it with my original image and removing all jtag wiring.
I've also changed the board that has the power button, still the power button won't work.

Hi there, not sure if anyone has reccomended this already but i was having the same problem.
nand flash and JTAG solders were perfect but still getting E79..sometimes randomly. Console would also boot up by itself and sometimes even refuse to power down without pulling power plug out.

then I added a 330HM 1W resistor in-between J2D2.4 --------- J2D2.7. slam bam thanks you maam...stable as hell now and no more E79=)

this seesm to be just for falcon boards.

hope it helps you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users