X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:41 PM

Hi,

I am investigating doing the jtag hack and before buying a console I wanted to check which is the best revision to get. I have done a lot of reading on this hack but I need a little help from the community before I go ahead and purchase the console. I am torn between either the Falcon or the Jasper.

Is there any advantage to having a smaller nand on the Falcon (will this make reading and writing easier, with less errors?). I am tempted to get a Jasper as they are obviously quiter and cooler but i'm put off by the larger nand. Is this a valid concern? In an ideal world, which would be the best to go for, Falcon or Jasper?

Also, when i'm looking for a Jtagable console these are the checks I will be performing:
1) I have to find a console with a MFR date before June 2009 without the summer 09' update (kernel 7371 and lower) to find an exploitable CB.
2) The amp rating on the sticker back of the console will confirm if its a Falcon (14.2A) or Jasper (12.1A).
3) The power supply will also confirm if its a Falcon (175 Watt) or Japser (150 Watt).

Are there any other checks I should perform before purchasing the console to ensure its Jtagable?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

IF you can find a Jasper that can still be jtaged that is the best rout to go. Yes it takes longer to read and flash but better for the peace of mind that you wont likely have to deal with any 3rrod issues.

On the Jaspers all you need to dump is the first 70mbs of the nand.

Look for one manufactured BEFORE June 18th 2009.

#3 luke.luke1

luke.luke1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I only have access to 2 PCs to do this hack. A Celeron 2.3GHz and a Pentium 3 733MHz. I am concerned that the reading/writing of the nand can be CPU intensive and these computers might not be up to the task of dealing with the larger Jasper nand. Is this correct?

I understand that the size of the xbox nand and the CPU power of the compuer will affect the read/write speed, will these factors also cause more errors?

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Jan 15 2010, 08:18 PM) View Post

On the Jaspers all you need to dump is the first 70mbs of the nand.

The tutorial I was following is here and obviously makes no mention of that as it was writen before the Jasper hack, thanks for the heads up! Any better tutorials for the complete noob? (Well, i'm new to 360 stuff but have a grounding with Xbox 1 hacking smile.gif ).

Also, when purchasing the console should I bother with an internal HDD? Is there any advantage to getting an internal over the cheaper and larger external drives available? From my reading I think that once its Jtaged an external USB drive will perform the same as an internal drive (aside from the speed difference between USB2 and SATA) is this correct?

Thanks, I really appreciate any help and advise that can be offered.

Cheers and good luck to anyone else about to dive into this wonderful world!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users