7 replies to this topic

#1 Armen1er

Armen1er

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:15 AM

Hello guys well my xbox 360 has had freezing issues for quite a while where the box wont get into the dash, So i just recently sent it out for a reflow repair and teh person reflowed my gpu and told me the issue did not go away. He told me the next step is to reball the gpu and he said it might be memory error or a short on the motherboard. Will a reflow fix this issue? Any help is appreciated thanks alot here is the email the person sent me from ebay:

"Dear armen1r,

Armen,

I reflowed the GPU and installed a new x-clamp fix. Unfortunately these actions could not fix your XBox 360's freezing issue.

I will ship it out tomorrow in it's original condition and refund your purchase price.

I'm thinking it's something on the motherboard such as a short or could be a memory error.

You next step to take would be getting the GPU reballed. Just search for "reball" on eBay or YouTube."

#2 rastaman108037

rastaman108037

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(Armen1er @ Jan 16 2010, 12:15 AM) View Post

Hello guys well my xbox 360 has had freezing issues for quite a while where the box wont get into the dash, So i just recently sent it out for a reflow repair and teh person reflowed my gpu and told me the issue did not go away. He told me the next step is to reball the gpu and he said it might be memory error or a short on the motherboard. Will a reflow fix this issue? Any help is appreciated thanks alot here is the email the person sent me from ebay:

"Dear armen1r,

Armen,

I reflowed the GPU and installed a new x-clamp fix. Unfortunately these actions could not fix your XBox 360's freezing issue.

I will ship it out tomorrow in it's original condition and refund your purchase price.

I'm thinking it's something on the motherboard such as a short or could be a memory error.

You next step to take would be getting the GPU reballed. Just search for "reball" on eBay or YouTube."

He probably did it wrong then. Heat gunning and x-clamping my 360 worked great for this problem. You should probably do it yourself instead of relying on someone else to do it.

#3 Armen1er

Armen1er

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE(rastaman108037 @ Jan 16 2010, 06:23 AM) View Post

He probably did it wrong then. Heat gunning and x-clamping my 360 worked great for this problem. You should probably do it yourself instead of relying on someone else to do it.

The thing is I heard a heat gun could damage the 360 and I have a heat gun with like the lowest setting being like 450 degrees I think. But I wanted to know what does he mean by memory issues or short on the motherboard also he said he uses a special reflowing station. this xbox is precious because it has the older kernel

#4 rastaman108037

rastaman108037

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE(Armen1er @ Jan 16 2010, 12:52 AM) View Post

The thing is I heard a heat gun could damage the 360 and I have a heat gun with like the lowest setting being like 450 degrees I think. But I wanted to know what does he mean by memory issues or short on the motherboard also he said he uses a special reflowing station. this xbox is precious because it has the older kernel

It has been speculated that the memory chips on the board can cause these errors, but it's rare for that to happen (if it happens). I'm not even sure if it's anything more than "theory". If he really does have a reflow station and that didn't work then I'm not sure he is to blame.

When I did mine I used a heatgun with about that temperature. Tin foiled everything except the GPU and HANA chips and went back and forth on the back of the motherboard for 4 minutes, and 1 minute on top. It worked.

Really it seems like you don't have much to lose, so you might as well try it. Just be gentle. If you go on craigslist for your area and just pick up a random red-ringed xbox, they're usually 7 series or earlier dashboard. I have 3 myself

#5 Armen1er

Armen1er

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:26 AM

your very right I never thought of it i don't have nothing to lose one more question all you do is wrap it aluminum foil and that's it and sorry to bother you one more thing is there a guide what the HANA chips are that I have to leave open to heat gun? thank you so much bro your very helpful btw smile.gif

#6 rastaman108037

rastaman108037

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE(Armen1er @ Jan 16 2010, 01:26 AM) View Post

your very right I never thought of it i don't have nothing to lose one more question all you do is wrap it aluminum foil and that's it and sorry to bother you one more thing is there a guide what the HANA chips are that I have to leave open to heat gun? thank you so much bro your very helpful btw smile.gif

You cover the areas with tin foil that you don't want to heat up (everything except the HANA / GPU. I only tin foiled the top of the motherboard, not the bottom. HANA chip is slightly north of the GPU. I think it even says HANA on it.

There are youtube videos out there, look for some. Too tired to find any.

#7 Armen1er

Armen1er

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(rastaman108037 @ Jan 16 2010, 08:05 AM) View Post

You cover the areas with tin foil that you don't want to heat up (everything except the HANA / GPU. I only tin foiled the top of the motherboard, not the bottom. HANA chip is slightly north of the GPU. I think it even says HANA on it.

There are youtube videos out there, look for some. Too tired to find any.

Thanks so much your the man bro and just curious if i cant fix my 360 any chance of you happening to sell one?

#8 rastaman108037

rastaman108037

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Armen1er @ Jan 16 2010, 02:26 AM) View Post

Thanks so much your the man bro and just curious if i cant fix my 360 any chance of you happening to sell one?

Yeah I guess. I have one for sale right now that is 200 or best offer (comes with power brick + AV cables). If you want to save money though you're better off buying a broken one off craigslist and fixing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users