You might be wondering why it's XeDEV who are releasing this.. Since some people left the team, they don't want to retain the "freexex" name anymore. Also changed the name to XeXMenu (this is because XeXLoader is now much more of a menu than just a loader). So enjoy the new stuff :
- Gametitle extraction from NXEART if possible (toggle)
- Games with more than just one XEX will show up multiple times
* Embedded FTP Server to transfer your stuff directly from your computer
- Use xbox:xbox@ip:21
* Use FTP to read/write/delete your onboard flash
- Only user flash/flash is able to do that!
* Support for all found XEX files. Not just default.xex (toggle)
* Shows the content of any GAMES folder on any device
- Use GAMES, APPLICATIONS, EMULATORS for auto discovery menu on each device
* Switch between games/apps/emus in the discovery menu using RB/LB
* Auto scale skins for most resolutions (toggle)
* Different help screens for each menu
* Use DPad to switch between devices while browsing files
* Xbox1 compatibility partition support (if exists)
- Xbox1 partition known as "HddX"
* Alphanumeric listing for files
* No more XEX auto patching when copying DVDs
* Manual XEX patching for freeBOOT users
* Configuration menu
* Real XBox save system for the configuration
- Gamesave known as "Unkown Xbox Game"
* Chose between different skins from the configuration menu
* Support for own skins
* many more things we can't remember
Press "BACK" for detailed help pages!
Note: If you only get a black screen on startup try to delete the XeXMenu savegame known as "Unknown Xbox Game" using system tab in dash.
There are some issues with the FTP upload speed for some people at the moment. We're still working on that. This will be fixed in further releases!
LIVE) Copy the C0DE9999 folder to HDD1:/Partition3/Content/0000000000000000/
... or use the XEX version
FTP) To prevent the Xbox from connecting to Xbox Live you can set up your network as follows:
- Use an IP adress outside your routers DHCP IP pool. If your router use 192.168.1.100-200 for DHCP you could use 192.168.1.210
- Set up your computers IP as gateway.
The XBox should be able to connect to your computer now but won't get access to the internet. If you have a second NIC just make a direct connection to be sure
Use xbox:xbox@ip:21 to connect
I wonder what they mean by read, write, delete your on board flash? Does that mean we can dump the NAND and Flash XBR with FTP?