10 replies to this topic

#1 savagepoop

savagepoop

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:13 PM

i read in a thread a few weeks ago that the nand from a xenon can be used on any xenon console. is this true?
i flashed my xenon a few days ago then injected all my stuff into the xbr.bin

my bro now wants me to flash his xenon also but after reading that you can use any xenon nand on any xenon console it made me wonder if it would be possible to just flash my xbr.bin (with MY injected keys and config) to his console. saving me hours of reading the nand etc.
would that be possible? or was the person in the other thread lying/didnt know what they were on about?

#2 farmboynick

farmboynick

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(savagepoop @ Jan 19 2010, 12:13 AM) View Post

i read in a thread a few weeks ago that the nand from a xenon can be used on any xenon console. is this true?
i flashed my xenon a few days ago then injected all my stuff into the xbr.bin

my bro now wants me to flash his xenon also but after reading that you can use any xenon nand on any xenon console it made me wonder if it would be possible to just flash my xbr.bin (with MY injected keys and config) to his console. saving me hours of reading the nand etc.
would that be possible? or was the person in the other thread lying/didnt know what they were on about?
the kv would still need to be encrypted with the cpu key from the destination console

#3 The_Doctor

The_Doctor

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

or you can flash the kv decrypted. but it would be just as simple to read his kv and flash it back after you flashed your xbr image. (you dont need the whole nand, just the kv)

#4 savagepoop

savagepoop

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(The_Doctor @ Jan 18 2010, 06:37 PM) View Post

or you can flash the kv decrypted. but it would be just as simple to read his kv and flash it back after you flashed your xbr image. (you dont need the whole nand, just the kv)

so your saying just read the kv then inject that into the xbr and then flash it to his mobo?

#5 ste030

ste030

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

I wish i could share the nand of my unbanned jtag xbox with my banned live xbox but damned 8895 lol

#6 dakaku

dakaku

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

Flash the config too. People saying that you only need the kv, know s*it.
Config has your mac adress, console specific calibration info, fan speed and more in it.

Edited by dakaku, 18 January 2010 - 09:27 PM.

#7 akula169

akula169

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

Please clarify:

I have a banned console and a nand image from an unbanned box.

Can I simply do this to the banned box and expect it to be able to go on live:

CODE
nandpro lpt: -w16 unbanned.bin 1 1

note: unbanned.bin is the full nand image from the unbanned box (duh)

In essence, this should overwrite the kv section of the unbanned nand image on the banned nand. Is it as simple as that?

note2: I don't have the cpu key of the banned box

Edited by akula169, 19 January 2010 - 09:31 AM.

#8 xxdylanxx

xxdylanxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:52 PM

so if i flash my nand1.bin to xenon#2
i will have 2 identical xenon is this true??

#9 Downcastnut

Downcastnut

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE(ste030 @ Jan 18 2010, 12:19 PM) View Post

I wish i could share the nand of my unbanned jtag xbox with my banned live xbox but damned 8895 lol

you mean 8955

#10 craz3d

craz3d

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

To all those asking about banned consoles, read the threads about it. There are many.

To "unban" a console you would have to meet the following requirements:
a) you have the CPU key and NAND dump from an unbanned console. To do this you'd have had to run the KK or SMC (JTAG) exploit at some point in recent history and boot Xell
cool.gif you have the CPU key and NAND dump from a banned console. To do this you also need to boot Xell by running either exploit.

In short, if you have a console banned/unbanned console that's been on live within the past 6 months you are fucked (ie anyone banned in october). You can wait around and hope that they find a new exploit for you (unlikely) or you can nut up and move on with your life.
QUOTE(dakaku @ Jan 18 2010, 03:25 PM) View Post
Flash the config too. People saying that you only need the kv, know s*it.
Config has your mac adress, console specific calibration info, fan speed and more in it.
Um, interesting that you'd say something like that, because it seems to me like you don't know much more than them.

In an ideal world, everyone would flash their config sectors. However, some people have issues with the config sectors. Perhaps it is a flashing error, not a problem with the actual data contained, but that doesn't explain why some people only get their systems working after omitting to flash the config sectors. I personally got my console working by only flashing the KV and never went back to try flashing the config sectors. Perhaps some time over the weekend I'll boot into ubuntu and flash my config sectors in with lflash. I'm not saying that it is better to NOT flash config (if you can get yours working with config, more power to you), but opting not to flash the config sectors is an option for those that have issues. It might not be ideal, but it works.

The MAC address might be stored in the config sectors, but that doesn't mean the wired NIC 'loses' its MAC address if you don't flash the config sectors.

Again, I flashed without config sectors and I can tell you with certainty that my router not only sees my JTAG'd 360's MAC address but also properly assigns it a static DHCP address. You can't have network connectivity in modern day networks without a MAC address.

Furthermore, where do you think this config data comes from? Isn't it entirely plausible that the 360 itself would be able to generate all of this info and save it back to the NAND.
QUOTE(Downcastnut @ Jan 21 2010, 04:05 PM) View Post
you mean 8955
Quality reply. Thanks for contributing.

Edited by craz3d, 22 January 2010 - 02:39 AM.

#11 akula169

akula169

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:30 AM

Ok, so impossible if I don't have the cpu key for the banned console.

I was wondering if it were sufficient enough to just overwrite the encrypted kv area of the nand on the banned console.

Guess not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users