15 replies to this topic

#1 Sintek

Sintek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:17 AM

Going to buy another 360 tomorrow morning to replace my current banned console, which had a Hitachi 78 drive in it. Now I haven't stayed up to date with all of the current drive models, but I just need to know are there any drives out there that cannot be flashed at this point in time. I know it's a stupid question, but I've spent the last hour searching around on here and I'm still not sure about certain drives. Thanks to anyone who can help!

#2 YoungGeekGuy

YoungGeekGuy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:21 AM

I'm pretty sure they're all flashable but lite-ons you need to make or buy a tool to mod it.

#3 Sintek

Sintek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:29 AM

Ok thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate it.

#4 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:51 AM

Purchase a console made in early August or sooner and you'll get an EASY dump drive. Mid August and later will most likely yield trace-cut drives. (NOT SOMETHING THE AVG NOOB CAN DO, EASILY!) The further after August you go, the higher your chances of a "hard" drive to mod. http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=698256

If you find a NEW console made before June 18th, 2009. BUY IT, BUY ALL OF THEM, I will gladly buy them from you for a little $$ profit, or straight up trade you for a new jasper pre-flashed.

June 18th, is when MS blocked the Jtag hack. IF you can find an exploitable console, look into doing this too.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=698328
It's FAR superior to a dvd flash mod!

Edited by insanity4all, 19 January 2010 - 07:53 AM.

#5 Sintek

Sintek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:04 AM

I plan on doing the jtag mod. Do I need to flash the drive if I do this mod in order to play backups? I'll explain what I want to do...

I want to run my burned backups, I want to install at least the 250GB hdd and run games from there without the need for the dvd to be in the drive... so will the jtag allow me to do all of this without flashing the dvd? or does the dvd firmware still need to be flashed, in which case it matters which dvd rom I get in the console. I hope I made that clear enough... thanks!

Edit: Also just read there is no mod for jasper 256/512... so i just want to verify, if I can find a console that is made prior to June 18th 2009... that's all I need? doesn't matter if it's elite, arcade, or pro... doesn't matter what motherboard it has... just as long as it's prior to that date I will be able to jtag it? Also, Live is of no concern whatsoever to me... just what I pointed out earlier is what i want. Like with my original XBOX, I installed a large HDD and installed all of my games to it and ran them straight from the HDD without getting up and putting disks in all the time.

Edited by Sintek, 19 January 2010 - 08:21 AM.

#6 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:25 AM

The 256-512 hack has been released ....a few times now smile.gif
Technically- no, you don't have to flash the dvd firmware to do or operate the jtag hack. HOWEVER it certainly makes things like the initial loading of XEXloader a LOT easier, otherwise you will be stuck loading xexloader onto your hard drive via PC.

*I'm not sure if the new dash released this week (the FTP one) will allow you to FTP xexloader to the console hard drive or not?) I still haven't made it to using the new dash with FTP support. Still playing catch up in m life/business. sad.gif Got a new bag tonight and decided to take the night off, maybe I'll do it tonight? probably not. smile.gif

Yes, ANY NEW xbox360 made before June 18, 2009 is a GUARANTEE to be Jtag-able. And an easy dump drive, well assuming you are brave enough to make/purchase a spear.

EDIT- Jtag console removes the "authentic Microsoft hard drive restrictions" I'm using a normal 2.5" 500gb Hitachi hard drive, I pulled out of a dead laptop. Without any alterations done to it, other than simply formatting it in my NXE dash.

Edited by insanity4all, 19 January 2010 - 08:28 AM.

#7 Sintek

Sintek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:42 AM

Ok awesome, I'm going to look for a console that was made before that date and i'm going to use the dvd drive database to try and get one with a hitachi drive just to be safe. Now you made a point of saying NEW console, what about a refurb or used console? I understand either of those could have a newer dash installed, but if that wasn't the case and the kernel was old enough would a used/refurb work just as well?

#8 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:52 AM

The new consoles before that date reasoning, is for just that. Consoles made after that date, repaired by MS a month or two after then, have played a new game released since around then *but after, or have simply connected to Xbox Live since the August 09 update.... Have been updated to the new cb version, going by dash version does greatly increase your odds of getting a console with the 1bl(cb). But it IS possible to get a 7371 dash/kernal that is running on the 2bl *blocked Jtag version* That's why I said new. It's your only guarantee. smile.gif

Now as for this Hitachi statement.... LOL ANY new console you find WILL BE a Lite-on. If you are going for an exploitable console you will get a Lite-on 74850c drive. Unless you buy used/refurbished then you have a CHANCE of something older than a Lite-on. For the 74850c you'll need a connectivity kit with a spear, or be prepared to make your own. The Lite-on has been the ONLY drive in the 360 for almost two years now? ??? I do a lot of drugs dates/judgments in time spans are not my specialty. smile.gif

#9 Sintek

Sintek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:07 AM

lol cheers man... ok so if I get a Lite-on DVD ROM, just follows the tutorials and get that flashed first of all. Secondly, install the jtag mod and from there everything is pretty much good to go... is there any specific version of iXtreme I should flash the drive with? I really appreciate your help, I've been out of the scene for awhile now since I had my 360 working great until the latest banwave hit. Also, the only reason I mentioned getting a Hitachi drive is because that's what I had so I figured might as well stick with it. Oh and what is this spear? Is it just some extra hardware I'd have to get to flash the Lite-on? Also, what if I get a different Lite-on than the 74850c....

Ok just did some quick reading. Tomorrow when I buy the 360, Once I get it home I should verify that the drive is Lite-on. After that, I should order Maximus 360 Xtractor PRO and Maximus 360 Spear. Those 2 units will allow me to flash the firmware of the dvd drive. Once the firmware is flashed, proceed and follow the tutorials for jtag'n the 360. Sound right?

#10 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:13 AM

You will get a 74850c inside of an exploitable console, there is a SMALL chance you'll get a 83850c v1, but I think they came out after MS released the new boot-loaders. If you do get a 83850 drive and the console was made before June 18th, 2009. CONGRATULATIONS you just got a drive that can be easily dumped via Sata without the need of the spear. And the spear is the easiest publicly known method of getting the key out of a 74850c drive. Without making/purchasing one, you will not be able to extract the dvd key from a Lite-on 7* series. Ohhhh??? Actually I think there is a method that involved bridging two points on the logic board, but I wouldn't recommend it. Easy to brick a good drive when you stat creating circuits it wasn't designed for. tsk tsk.... smile.gif

And yes, your basic reading is correct, but you technically don't even need to flash a drive for XBR, it's just the easiest way to get XEXloader onto it.

Edited by insanity4all, 19 January 2010 - 09:18 AM.

#11 Sintek

Sintek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:20 AM

Thanks for all the help, I think I got everything now. Can't wait to get all of this done now... One last question if you wouldn't mind. Is there any way to tell if the console 1bl or 2bl?

Just browsing the dvd drive database and I came across something... XBOX 360 Arcade Unit made on 2009-06-17 with a Lite-on with firmware 83850c. Would that be the perfect thing to buy for my needs?

#12 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:22 AM

Not until you get it home and dump the nand of it. That's the whole verifying the cb in the Jtag tutorial. If you purchase new, you want made before June 18, 2009. (there are a few reports of post 18th consoles still having the first boot loaders - only a few, and every console made after July 1 will be on the second set of boot loaders.) But overall until you dump the nand the only way to tell is by dash version. Anything after 8*** is a guarantee no go, I think it's dash's 7371 and earlier only. ??? Read that Xbreboot for noobs link, a few posts ago. It tells you how to determine if a console is Jtagable.

EDIT: yes, the 83850c drive made BEFORE the June 18th cut-off date would be the first version of the 83850c and it can EASILY be dumped by you, without any extra toys/spears being needed. Only toy I can think of you MAY HAVE to have is a via6421 pci to sata controller card, to obliterate any compatibility issues your motherboard chipset MIGHT have with Lite-on drives.

Edited by insanity4all, 19 January 2010 - 09:26 AM.

#13 Sintek

Sintek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:25 AM

Ok will do thanks for all the help, and it looks like they have Lite-ons with the 83850c firmware running from May 8th 2009 all the way up to and past June 18th 2009... So if I can grab one in between those dates it'll save me the trouble with flashing.

#14 Sintek

Sintek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:12 AM

buying a 360 tomorrow and just in case i cant find an older lite-on, is it possible to use the hitachi out of my current 360 and spoof it to lite-on and (hitachi currently flashed with iXtreme 1.51) then jtag it? dont care about flashing and spoofing the lite-on to hitachi in the older box, but that possibility will be there right?

#15 Sintek

Sintek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:27 AM

anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users