johnnyrichter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:40 AM

I recently traded my softmodded v1.6 console + cash for the console listed in my sig, and I have some issues/questions.

1. IGR doesn't work, how do I fix/enable this? *IGR works when more than one controller is plugged in, why does it do this and how do I make IGR work when only one controller is plugged in?*

2. How do I figure out what BIOS I have? *Apparently since I'm running a 1.6 console this means I have EVOX M8 BIOS?*

3. XBMC does not display what modchip or BIOS I have in the System Info area. Is there a way to fix this?

4. Since I'm apparently using Bank 0, what is Bank 1 used for? What's on it by default?

Edited by johnnyrichter, 19 January 2010 - 07:30 AM.

#2 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(johnnyrichter @ Jan 18 2010, 11:40 PM) View Post

I recently traded my softmodded v1.6 console + cash for the console listed in my sig, and I have some issues/questions.

1. IGR doesn't work, how do I fix/enable this? *IGR works when more than one controller is plugged in, why does it do this and how do I make IGR work when only one controller is plugged in?*

2. How do I figure out what BIOS I have? *Apparently since I'm running a 1.6 console this means I have EVOX M8 BIOS?*

3. XBMC does not display what modchip or BIOS I have in the System Info area. Is there a way to fix this?

4. Since I'm apparently using Bank 0, what is Bank 1 used for? What's on it by default?

None of these are DuoX2 questions except for #4.

4. Bank 0 contains the Cromwell bios, Bank 1 contains a Flash bios.

3. According to THIS thread that capability was turned off by default. Read the link and it will show you why and how to re-enable it.

2. That was once the case, with the M8 bios being the only one compatible with a v1.6Xbox, but that's no longer true. I'm using X2 5031 on my V1.6. What does it say during the boot sequence? Does it say Xecuter or EvoX?

1. Never seen a bug like that, check your settings to make sure that IGR is properly setup. I'm mostly familiar with the EvoX dashboard, so if that's what you have, its in System Settings

#3 johnnyrichter

johnnyrichter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:05 PM

After some research, I have M8+ on Bank 0 and like you said I have FlashBIOS on Bank 1.

I just flashed Bank 1 with X2-5028Gold, and it worked...but it's booting to M$ dash when set to Bank 1. M$ dash won't let me FTP, and I can't seem to find the X2 ini file when booting from Bank 0/XBMC in order to edit it to tell it to boot XBMC.

I'm keeping M8+ on Bank 0 in case this new BIOS on Bank 1 turns out to be a problem.

The IGR issue with M8+ seems to be fairly common, from what google results showed. If I repeatedly try IGR while in game, 1 out of 10 times it will work. It won't work at all in XBMC unless second item is plugged in to a controller port...be it a controller, the DVD eye, a wireless controller eye, etc.

#4 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:14 PM

If I recall, you can enable IGR from either the bios or the dashboard. Try disabling it from the dashboard.

To edit the bios I'm not sure what the most up to date tool is, but from the TOOLS section X2 Config Maker or X2ool should be able to show you which *.xbe has boot priority. Both of them say they will create a config.ini.

#5 johnnyrichter

johnnyrichter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:31 PM

X2 5028 Gold lets you fully edit via the x2config.ini file, which you find in the rar...open it, edit it, save it, place in E:/. By default, this BIOS doesn't install that ini, it runs from default settings. Once you place that edited ini in E:/ it will run from that.

The downside to that ini file is it only lets you pick a bootup partition, not a bootup folder within a partition...so your bootup xbe has to be in the root of the partition which isn't the case for us XBMC users. My XBMC xbe was in F:/XBMC/ which just wouldn't work with this BIOS, so I used the shortcut method to get around this. Worked great.

IGR now works, fanspeed is a constant 100% no matter what is loaded(xbmc, an emu, a game, etc), boots right up to XBMC. This totally trumps M8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users