#1 simonk83

simonk83

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:11 AM

Hi all,

Basically I have a banned box with my one and only HDD attached that contains (I assume) my GT and all my saves. I haven't played any of the games since being banned. I've just bought an exploitable arcade and will be getting it 'JTAGed' ASAP. What's likely to happen if I just take the HDD off the old box and add it to the new? Will I still have access to my offline GT and saves, or are they goneski? smile.gif

Thanks a lot,
Simon

#2 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:29 AM

Wow you're in a world of hurt...
Easiest thing to do is uncripple your banned 360, earn an achievement on your gamer profile, so it's forced to resign it, problem solved. You may have to play each individual game save if they are corrupted too. If you haven't played them since being banned I believe they don't get corrupted.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=697231

Your other option is to recover your profile on the new console, connected to LIVE, so you will have to use a third console or risk doing it after the Jtag hack. (you should be able to get away with like three hours before they ban the Jtag console. Enjoy your three hours at your own stupidity.) smile.gif

#3 simonk83

simonk83

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:40 AM

If I have to start from scratch it's not the end of the world, but I'd rather not have to biggrin.gif. Whatever happens I won't be taking the new box anywhere near live.
so if I read you right, I can attach my hdd to another console (my brother in law has one), and recover my profile. Then when I connect it to my jtagged box it should be fine?

Appreciate the advice by the way smile.gif

Edited by simonk83, 20 January 2010 - 07:41 AM.

#4 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:13 AM

yes and as long as you haven't accessed any of those game saves since the banning on the banned console, I believer they will be fine and not be corrupted. If they are you are forced to either uncripple the banned box,or there is an option out there involving con flag remover or something like that, which I know nothing about.

#5 simonk83

simonk83

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(insanity4all @ Jan 20 2010, 06:13 PM) View Post

yes and as long as you haven't accessed any of those game saves since the banning on the banned console, I believer they will be fine and not be corrupted. If they are you are forced to either uncripple the banned box,or there is an option out there involving con flag remover or something like that, which I know nothing about.

Groovy, thanks. Come to think of it I think I've played GTA since it was banned (bah), so that save game will obviously be corrupt, but it won't affect the others right? Or am I better off just deleting the save before I recover my profile.

Thanks again smile.gif

#6 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

game saves are independent and only tied to the gamertag/profile.
If the game saves still appear on a separate console, then they are not corrupted. After you delete the profile and recover it, you will be able to access them again. Just make sure you delete the profile only. wink.gif

#7 simonk83

simonk83

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(insanity4all @ Jan 20 2010, 11:38 PM) View Post

game saves are independent and only tied to the gamertag/profile.
If the game saves still appear on a separate console, then they are not corrupted. After you delete the profile and recover it, you will be able to access them again. Just make sure you delete the profile only. wink.gif

Ok great. Thanks once again for your help, much appreciated smile.gif

I also stumbled across the Con Flag method you mentioned above. Seems easy enough providing you have a transfer cable or can connect up your HDD - http://www.se7ensins...xbox-360-a.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users