• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PsychoNavigator

PsychoNavigator

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:34 AM

Okay, I've got my xbox loaded up with dvd2xbox and I'm able to load up physical discs onto the HDD, but I'd like to install my backup ISO images to the HDD without having to manually burn to a DVD first.

Is this possible?

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:00 PM

if you dont have the original disc you shouldnt have the ISO either

#3 PsychoNavigator

PsychoNavigator

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jan 22 2010, 05:00 AM) View Post

if you dont have the original disc you shouldnt have the ISO either

I never said anything about not having the original discs. I wasn't aware that I should have to explain why I have ISO's in the first place. But since you seem to be in the mood to chastise me, allow me to clarify my situation. I recently moved from the US to Australia. In the effort to minimise cargo, I imaged my entire XBOX and PS2 collection along with my DVDs and CDs onto a few HDD's, and put my physical media into storage.

Now that you're aware of my situation, would you be willing to quantify your contribution to this thread something beyond an uninformed lecture about the ethics of fair use copies, or would you happen to be able to offer a suggestion?

I'm sorry if I come across as an ass, but I'm finding it somewhat appalling to be chastised by a moderator when I've done nothing wrong but ask a simple question. While I'm not familiar enough with the TOS to cite it line by line, I do believe my question is worded as not to promote piracy or theft of intellectual property.

I could understand your stance if I'd come and yelled "hay guys i just downloaded X many files and i wana put on my my xbox, whats a mod lol can i just download a gaem to trick it", but I didn't. I asked a valid technical question about shifting my archives to my xbox without wasting discs. Now, I'm not 100% on the laws regarding modding xboxes, but I'm sure there's plenty of discussions regarding the ethics of doing so, but this is not the forum for it.

Now please if you don't mind, since you took the time to come in and chew me out, knowing my circumstance, are you able to answer my question or not?

Also for future reference should I create a sig explaining my life story so we don't have to go over this every single time?

Again, sorry but I am irritated that I am made to feel as if I have to explain myself when I'm doing nothing to break or even bend rules here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting back on topic, I've found that I can see the folders that were located on existing discs in my F/games/ folder on my xbox. If I were to use craxtion or xiso to mount or extract the ISO, could I theoretically transfer the files and folders over via FTP?

Edited by PsychoNavigator, 22 January 2010 - 02:37 PM.

#4 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

Yes, That should work.

#5 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

Try Qwix it will ftp the games over to the xbox for you

And also the Mod was within the rules of this form by saying that. He could have taken it a step farther and closed the thread. There are alot of pirates lurking about so the mods have to be real careful of what is said on this forum. If it was me I would have baited you to see if you would say you downloaded them and if you would have admitted it then I would have notified a mod and you would have possibly got a nice little ban. So Lordvader done you a favor so say thanks.

that aside qwix is the program you need

Edited by steveo1978, 22 January 2010 - 09:27 PM.

#6 PsychoNavigator

PsychoNavigator

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:54 PM

Thank you, guys. I appreciate the response.

I'll give quix a try and report back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users